Aggressor ordnance

Zero77

Typically none. It does depend a bit on when you are modelling the aircraft, as there have been some new pods seen on them recently (but not much is known about them). Usually you will only find a Captive AIM-9, an ACMI pod, and the AN/ALQ-188 ECM pod. Sometimes they do carry the wing fuel tanks as well, depending on the mission.

What Aircraft of the 64th are you wanting to build Zero77? Also 1/32 scale Right?

Aires has the ALQ-188 POD with the AN intake chin pods. #2047

ACMI pod by TWO MIKES #32012 / 32011

Can't recall if they now carry the ELTA 8212 8222 Jamming pod, Thats Wolfpack makes #WP32053

If you need close ups pics PM me, All depends on Aircraft? I was at Nellis AFB on the 11th. Cheers

Looked at my photos Also, Amraam AIM-120 , Sidwinders and CATM-9M

One pic had Aim-120, Aim-9, Catm-9, and ACMI on the wings with tanks (F-16D Nellis bird)

Sorry Jake

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Thank you for your answers !

The aircraft i want to build is the 86-0269 with the new blizzard scheme with greenish-blue/white/grey colors, decal sheet from twobobs.

Actually, i just wanted to know if i had to also order the inert munition decal sheet. I will, anyway, because there is a very good offer ($5 !).

32-063f.jpg

Edited by Zero77

Zero77

I have walk around photos of this Bird (top one may 2012) taken a couple a weeks ago. Send me a message with your address in it, I will burn a CD for you. She had no weapons or ECM pods at the time

I am new here and do not know how to post photos yet. Sorry

Cheers

One pic had Aim-120, Aim-9, Catm-9, and ACMI on the wings with tanks (F-16D Nellis bird)

Sorry Jake

there are no F-16Ds assigned to the 64th. If you saw a Nellis-based D-model at Nellis, it was a Weapons School jet. those jets carry anything and everything as part of the course syllabus, but they aren't Aggressor jets. It may have also been a 422nd TES jet, which park next to the 64th. Again, though, they aren't aggressors.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Another question, more of general knowledge than concerning modelling. How do aircraft combat training goes? I mean, how do they simulate fighting ? Is there any computer that simulate missile or canon shooting?

I have just seen (thanks to Vandy HD pics) that the red 69 is PW powered. So it must have the small inlet duct. I had a tamiya F-16 block 50 in my stach, but it seems i will have to find a block 25/30. This thunderbird edition is now quite difficult to find. Is it out of production? It is the only way to get a small mouth and a PW engine exhaust. Even in aftermarket, i cannot find any PW nozzle (except getting the isracast israeli F-15 conversion in order to use the nozzles, but it is quite expensive for juste one piece, and it does not answer to the small mouth issue.)

I thought it was a block 40, but it seems to be a block 32. Anyway, it is PW powered.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/2052

Edited by Zero77

The link above has a F16D Aggressor with weapons on it (aim 120). Photo uper right on the header.

The ACMI POD does the recording. http://en.wikipedia....Red_Flag_(USAF) RMFDS does the software part.

Check CMK and Aires for you intake and PW exhaust. The Block 25/32 comes with two exhausts open / closed

Thanks Tim for pointing out my screwup FIXED sorry

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4