Monogram B-52 1/72 1968

knuckledragger

Ahoy

Here is another build in my collections this is a 1968 kit I had for years and just got around in building it. I never built a Buff before the only Buff I built from what I can remember is the old 1955 Revell kit that once upon a time its available for us older modlers that there is no more re- issues of that kit to be found they truely were a classic in plastics. This kit i bought on leave when I came home from Nam. I ventured to my favorite hobbyshop.. There it was on the wall It cost me $ 14.00 back then it was the only expensive kit on the market at one time this kit was the largest in the world of plastic kits only to my knowledge, perhaps there were bigger but only in vacuform varity I surmise. This kit came with a electric motor that simulated the real jet engine sound of the 8 General electric engines the Buff had. A pure gimic model monogram was great for gimic kits cin that era. nowdays no such doing all scale right doen to the photo etch and resin. We wee not picky or choosey in those days just to be lucky to have one and show your buddies what you built.; Here is my Buff.

Boats

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0012-1.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Edited by knuckledragger

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

How can ya be a red blooded American not love this ol'girl (although the B-52 may be the only aircraft you could refer to as a male)

OUTSTANDING!!!

Ahoy

Thank you buddy for your reply I always had a soft heart for the mighty B-52... Of all jet aircraft the B-52 has always been amung my favorite. Funny thing when you look at the Buff head on it looks like a hen with her wings spread out to hide her chicks.. Another view came to mind as I was staring at Buff it reminds of my days in vietnam war when i was 30 miles off shore at night you can see the lightning flashes and the rumbling thunder ofr the bombs explodeing. Out here in Ohio every summer we get thunder and rain along with tornados. everytime I hear it thunder it reminds of the mighty B-52 dropping her bombs on the NVA what flash back of the past. Thank you very much for your reply.

Boats

Thats awesome Boats!!

I grew up and had spent most of my life living near Castle AFB, these planes were a huge constant in my early years. I even enlisted in the Air Force with dreams of wrenching on them....although they had rotary winged plans for me. I wonder if you were to "borrow" the neighbors big driveway accross the street, with some creative forced perspective, if you couldnt photograph your plane with the asphalt and that garage door in the background too look like its in front of a hanger?

One of these big boys is on my wish list...

:thumbsup:

Guest Nigelr32

She is lovely Boats,

I have that very kit in my stash, the 1968 boxing of the Monogram 1/72 B-52 complete with electric motor and tube of glue. It amazes me how Revell got the same kit into aq box less than half the size!!

Gotta love her ! Worked on them in my AF years. My absolute favorite ! You did good !..........Harv

Ahoy

Thanks Harvy and Marus for your replies The B-52 has always been my favorite.I was 13 years old when they first came into the service Old Tex Johnson test pilot on the Buff done a completed barrow role and he replied BOYS WE GOT OUR SELVES AN AIRPLANE he done the same thing on the Dash 80 Boeing 707. Thanks guys I am honored.

boats