Hampden Bomb Bay question

wunwinglow

Cees, that would be so helpful! I'll owe you a drink or two at the very least!!

Thinks..... If you are going to be at Cosford on Monday, does that mean you will be at Telford on Saturday?

Tim

PS Doh, of course you are. I just checked the Telford visitor list!!! I'm there on Saturday, all being well.

Edited by wunwinglow

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know a good ( meaning reasonably accurate) set of scale Hampden drawings? I have the Warpaint Richard Caruana drawings and although they look good, I know nothing about the quality.

Planning to do some 3d printing stuff. Starting with a basic fuselage.

Cheers

Cees

I have a copy of the Ian Huntley ones from Aviation News. I think you can still get copies from:-

http://www.aviation-news.co.uk/archive/aircraftplansservice.html

I don't know how accurate they are, but I did work with Ian when he was alive, on our Firefly kits, and he was a very knowledgable and painstaking chap.  i would watch the torpedo bomb bay doors though, they wern't lowered, they stayed the same geometry as the standard one, it was the fairing over the ventral gun position that was raised 12 inches. These drawings show the bomb doors tapering down to the rear, and the gun position unchanged. But it is a commom mistake.....

I'd be VERY careful with 3D printed materials. They are NOT very stable. I know. I've been working with them professionally for nearly 20 years..... This isn't NEW technoloogy at all !!  If you are designing your model with CAD, look seriously at having the parts CNC cut from a stable tooling board, they will be MUCH more durable, much more accurate, much better finish, much easier o paint and finish. I know. I've been working with them professionally for nearly 20 years.....

Tim