HK Models B-25J

TimW

I don't know of any, but if some were to materialize before I'm finished, it'd be tough not to use them!

Cheers,

Tim W.

Yes, the Lend-Lease version with the black undersides is a pretty sharp scheme. I can just see it next to my Shturmovik (I see a lot of things, some of them even real!).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

• 4 weeks later...

All--

Sorry for the delays. I'm in the process of trying to get Photobucket to open the hell up so I can post the last shots of the interior before I closed things up. The holidays, a nice case of the crud and assorted work commitments put me way behind, again.

So stay tuned!

Here's hoping all enjoyed the holidays and have a prosperous New Year. Santa was good to me...:)

Tim W.

Glad to hear from you Tim,

What's up with photobucket? Mines working fine?

I try to get into mine and it just goes on "connecting" with no actual progress. Tried to upload a couple of pix earlier today and it hung up at around 94 percent. Still working on it.

TimW

Finally got PB to work...these are two shots of the fuselage before I closed things up. I scratch-built the tunnel to the nose out of plastic card, along with the interior of the round hatch further aft. You can see some of the fishing weights I stuffed in the nose.

I'll post more once I get the major sub assemblies together and start painting this beast!

Dec002.jpg

Dec001.jpg

Edited by TimW

Lovely work Tim.

What are you using for weight?

Basically, they are a bunch of fishing weights I bought at Wal-Mart. The advantage is they are relatively small and you can also pound them with a hammer to shape them to fit hard-to-get places. These were just stacked inside the nose as there's a pretty good-sized space there anyway. Then I blocked it off with plastic card to form the crawl space.

Regards,

Tim W.

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not...still making slow progress. About to attach the wings to the fuselage/tail assembly.

Was on a bit of a hiatus waiting for a response for AdAstra; I really need to keep this moving now that AA has gone into radio silence since just before the New Year.

I now plan (yes, after considering multiple options) to do a VV-S B-25, with the multi-camouflage upper surfaces over black undersides. I may have to get creative in doing my own national markings, unless some of the other feelers I've put out to various decal/mask producers don't bear any fruit.

Stay tuned.

Tim W.

Cant wait to see what it looks like when you get some paint on it Tim! I've been following along and I wondered what happened to your build, I'm glad to see you're back at it!

All the best to you and your build,

Paul

Thanks, all. Here's the more basic scheme I'm considering if AdAstra or whomever doesn't respond. There are several of these on Wings Palette that appear to match the standard paint jobs applied by the US before sending them overseas.

1_21_b1_zpsdc5330e1.jpg

Edited by TimW