HK Models B-25J

TimW

Looking good, Tim - nice start! Of course I'm still hoping you'll do the Soviet version...

Regards,

Jason

Hmm....Tempting! I remember the original Wingscale kit was supposed to have some VV-S markings.

Tim W.

Hmm....Tempting! I remember the original Wingscale kit was supposed to have some VV-S markings.

Tim W.

Yes, it was. I'd be tempted to buy this monster if I could do it as a Lend-Lease B-25. It would look nice next to my HB single-seater Il-2. I'm doing a Hasegawa B-25J with the Soviet markings (yes, it's 1/72nd scale - I have a very finite amount of money and space). At any rate, Tim, it will be nice to see the progress on this bird.

Regards,

Jason

Yes, it was. I'd be tempted to buy this monster if I could do it as a Lend-Lease B-25. It would look nice next to my HB single-seater Il-2. I'm doing a Hasegawa B-25J with the Soviet markings (yes, it's 1/72nd scale - I have a very finite amount of money and space). At any rate, Tim, it will be nice to see the progress on this bird.

Regards,

Jason

Id venture to say you could take a sheet like THIS is 1/48th and scale or have someone scale them up for you.

There are a couple REALLY nice looking winter camo bird on that one -

AD4849.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Almost ready for some more pix. The ProfiModeller stuff finally arrived!

Also--seat cushions. Does anybody know if the co-pilot's smaller seat also had seat cushions? Did both seats have a cushion to sit on as well as one for the back?

I've seen some conflicting info on this--ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Tim W.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest....sorry this has been taking longer than usual, but it's been that kind of month!

Tail position:

Nov12011.jpg

Nov12012.jpg

Front office. The cushions were made out of epoxy putty and the seatbelts are Eduard.

Nov12016.jpg

Nov12013.jpg

Nov12014.jpg

Tim

Brilliant work on the front officer ... looking real good

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks! This project has been going slowly, thanks to work and other committments. But November should be less crazy so I'm hoping to update more often.

Cheers,

Tim W.

Tim, Im really Enjoying this build. Definately looking up to your usual standard too, so I know the finished product will be great!

Thanks for showing us whats in the box and how it fit's etc. your cusions turned out nice too!

Looking forward to more,

Paul

Guest Nigelr32

Nice build Tim, if possible, could you please post pics before and after paint, so we can all see which bits are OOB and which are AM.

I just bought this kit at the Nats for a bargain price, less than £100!! I've ordered all the Profimodeller sets except the barrels and weight( for less than £60 including postage direct from profimodeller), and would like to know if I also need the Eduard sets? (I also have the HGW belts and seats)

Keep us all informed on your progress please Tim.

Nice build Tim, if possible, could you please post pics before and after paint, so we can all see which bits are OOB and which are AM.

I just bought this kit at the Nats for a bargain price, less than £100!! I've ordered all the Profimodeller sets except the barrels and weight( for less than £60 including postage direct from profimodeller), and would like to know if I also need the Eduard sets? (I also have the HGW belts and seats)

Keep us all informed on your progress please Tim.

Ah. I can try and do that in future! I'm using the Eduard sets, though, and I believe on their website they have photos of built-up sections with the PE.

If it's already painted, next time I'll make a point of telling you what is/is not PE.

Should be another batch coming shortly!

Tim W.

Further progress on various interior bits. The ammo boxes and shelves aft are either Eduard or Profimodeller. The cockpit sidewall details are Eduard color PE, as are the tail gunner's panel.

NovB-25004.jpg

NovB-25003.jpg

NovB-25002.jpg

NovB-25001.jpg

The bomb bays have had Eduard PE added, but I had already painted it beforehand (I usually prime the PE ahead of time, so you can't always see which is which). There are gizmos atop the bombs that are PE as well as some stuff on the bomb bay sides, bulkheads and top section. I'll take some more when the bomb bay is assembled. I painted the yellow stripes and the stenciling is actually the stuff that came from the kit for the propeller blades--it has the right "look" and it's not like anybody will be able to read it after assembly! Interestingly, the bombs look more OD though they were painted RAF Slate grey. Must be the lighting.

NovB-25006.jpg

NovB-25005.jpg

Enjoy!

Tim W.

Edited by TimW

Guest Nigelr32

Thanks for posting the update Tim. I notice you have used two different greens for the interior of the fuselage vs cockpit. Which colours are they please.