Vought F4U-4 Corsair 'Death Rattlers'

oddball1973

1/32 Trumpeter Kit - I think was one of their earlier kits and there are loads of quality issues, many of which have been addresed in the last few years, bad fits, ejection pin marks everywhere and the wing fit if you choose not to fold them is awful. Bit of an experiemental model for me - first attempt at salt weathering and just trying to make something look used and abused (which from what a can gather was the norm for the Korean war)

VoughtF4U-4Corsair35.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair27.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair20.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair12.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair5.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair29.jpg

VoughtF4U-4Corsair31.jpg

Awesome work, it really does look well used.

I do have to wonder how many more master pieces you are going to show off - so far every single one has been excellent!

How long does it take you (on average) to complete one?

Thanks,

Nick

:)

Awesome work, it really does look well used.

I do have to wonder how many more master pieces you are going to show off - so far every single one has been excellent!

How long does it take you (on average) to complete one?

Thanks,

Nick

:)

Hi Nick - I reckon on average about 6-8 weeks depending on whether it goes well or its a bit of a battle, not sure how long most people take ? At the moment I don't seem to have the time to so anything as 18 day old Fred seems to need feeding, winding, nappy changing etc. every hour and the P61 Black Widow cockpit I started a few weeks back doesn't seem to be moving on very fast at the moment!

All the best, Alistair

Another great model Alistair! My only critique would be that the shiny new tyres look a bit out of place on such a weather-beaten model. They really stand out!

Kev

You're right - I think this one got to be like a 'Death March' towards the end though and I just ran out of steam. I might spend an evening on it and tweak it