Flight Test pics-was flying nakid

Shawn M

I will see how much longer I can get away with it at work and try to get more and better shots. I've scouted a few good spots but ever since 9/11 if you get near any airport with a camera the police show up to have a discussion/search/ID check/harassment session.

I will see how much longer I can get away with it at work and try to get more and better shots. I've scouted a few good spots but ever since 9/11 if you get near any airport with a camera the police show up to have a discussion/search/ID check/harassment session.

Reminds me of the one (and only), time I tried to photo Air Force One (parked near the Fedex hangers). Within moments, secret service guys and cops were all over the place; (crawled out from under trees or something), asking what my intentions were, and strongly suggesting that I go someplace else. I explained that I was only interested in the aircraft, and could really care less about the president (Clinton), having no desire to waste film on him, but thought it wise to move on anyway.

(I also had the uneasy feeling that there were probably crosshairs focused on my forehead at the time, and that made me feel pretty creepy.)

lol, Im sure they're were a few red dots on ya that you didn't see Kevin!

We went out at night to get long exposures of the arrivals.

Next thing we know 3 cars with cops (all with very itchy trigger fingers on unclasped pistols) poured out and started the 20million question routine.

Ending with a threat to arrest us all on the spot if seen again.

Since when did photographers become terrorists.

Shawn, I totally love you F-15 shots. I have been doing some research to do a naked F-15E/I and I've mostly found pix of F-15K. Also, I know what you mean about getting harassed by cops for shooting pix aircrafts.

Here's my story...I was at Nellis AFB for Aviation Nation Show and I was shooting the new Ospery. I took some walk around to start with and then started to take close-ups of sensors and such. Next thing I know I'm being harassed by the crew asking for my ID/phone# and such. I told them I was taking pics so that when I build model I have good photos. Well, I got back to the both and told Brian about what had happen and he got upset. Next thing I know he went over to the aircraft and gave them an earful. :) Boy, I was glad that I was with a Major who out ranked the crew that day.

Mike