Tamiya P-51 D

Budman

'Now to tidy up the conduit pieces, drill holes for the individual plug wires, assemble and install. Then, off to do the exhaust side conduits and wires. Nothing to it...I'll be finished in a week or two??'

You'll be soorrrreeee! Nice radii on that aluminum tubing.

Sincerely,

Mark

Bud,

I did not mean to discourage you from problem-solving the conduit/wiring. I honostly am kidding. It really is as straight-forward a build as you can get for the engine. It's all of the other stuff that is complicated. But, as you say, it will take about a week or two of careful work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Just a quick update...

Joined the fuse halves today, and altough I was a little nervous, it went perfectly. Everything just went click, click,click. Ya gotta love it!!

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

I am gonna try to show the rudder seam but there ain't one. How cool is that? :popcorn:

IMG_0439.jpg

Just for fun I taped the top halves of the wing to the bottom with 1 piece of tape per side and fitted the wing and fuse together just to see what the fit looked like. The fit was perfect. What I didn't expect was when I picked up the fuse, the wing came with it...and the fit stayed the same. This is a great kit :hmmm:

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

This kit never ceases to amaze me

Bud

Edited by Budman

Well, I gotta tell you .... I think this is terrific work man. You're painting skills are way up there. Those placards are hard enough to see on the decal sheet let alone place on the model with the accuracy you've achieved.

Wish I was as tidy a builder as you seem to be.

Good job.

Grant.

Thanks for the kind words Grant.

How do you like the Trumpeter Bf 109e-3? I need a 109 for my stash.

Thanks,

Bud

Hi Bud - I actually like it a lot... I'm still re-immersing myself in to the hobby and it suits my purpose really well. I love all 109's but the Emil typifies the 109 more than any other in my opinion (B.o.B. etc). I think it's just the right level for me with enough PE for me to get used to (something I'd never coped with before) and at a very reasonable price too. Some have listed its shortfalls (engine scale etc) but I'm not that worried .. it's an ideal re-learning kit for me I think.

Having said that, I was very disappointed with what I had done thus far so I've stripped some of it back and started again .. I'll post some new pictures soon.

Grant.

Hi Bud - I actually like it a lot... I'm still re-immersing myself in to the hobby and it suits my purpose really well. I love all 109's but the Emil typifies the 109 more than any other in my opinion (B.o.B. etc). I think it's just the right level for me with enough PE for me to get used to (something I'd never coped with before) and at a very reasonable price too. Some have listed its shortfalls (engine scale etc) but I'm not that worried .. it's an ideal re-learning kit for me I think.

Having said that, I was very disappointed with what I had done thus far so I've stripped some of it back and started again .. I'll post some new pictures soon.

Grant.

Grant,

Thanks for the mini review, will be looking foreward to some pics!

Sweet 'stang!

I'll be watching this with pleasure!

Now I have to get one of these kits...

Get yourself one of these things, it is a blast to work with a kit that is loaded with detail, engineering, fit and function! :speak_cool:

While I am waiting for stuff to arrive for the P-51, I assembled the Merlin for the Spit to check what I could do and couldn't do with the spark plug conduits and individual plug wires. Mark (Dodgem37) was kind enough to warn me that there wasn't room to do what I really wanted to do on the exhaust side so I wanted to see if anything at all could be done. As can be seen, the plug wire conduits and individual plug wires don't have a problem on the top of the engine (intake side). On the exhaust side it is another can of worms entirely. There is room for the conduit but absolutely nothing else. Therefore, I will wire the plugs on the top side of the engine (intake side), but will only have room for the plug wire conduits on the Sides of the engine (exhaust sides). It will look complete on the top where it can be seen and from the sides, only the conduit can be seen anyway. O well...

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Thanks for stoping by.

Bud