LSR.....

xmh53wrench

Well folks, I figure I will let you in on this build as well. I am a member of a hot rodding forum, as I am building a 1:1 1927 Ford Roadster from the ground up (have been at that project for 3 years). Well that site is having a group build based on the 1932 Ford. I have had a 1/8 Revell 32 Roadster kit for probably 5 years in the spare room, and figured I would dig it out and try my luck at throwing the thing together for the GB. So here is what I started with, and where I am now. The build is a style of hot rod that was popular in Hawaii in the 50s.

The kit...

IMAG0492.jpg

The rear differential taking shape...

IMAG0522.jpg

This car is meant to represent a hot rod thats a driver, so metalized over the chrome, to give the cylinder heads a cast finish...

IMAG0526.jpg

The engine taking shape...

IMAG0600.jpg

Scratch built the spark plug wire looms, and custom mixed the paint for the carbs...

IMAG0615.jpg

Front view of the completed Ford flathead engine

IMAG0629.jpg

Some of the body and chassis modifications in progress and the first mock-up showing its stance

IMAG0553.jpg

& this is just me bragging on my newly acquired desk turned model work station...

IMAG0560-1.jpg

Thanks for looking in, I have never detailed a model car so much as this, but you folks that build these airplanes the way you do have inspired me to take my building to a whole 'nuther level....thanks for that

Maru, here ya go, hope this isnt too off topic....but im thinking its about as off topic as one could get....lol, but ya asked.

Here is how the car looks now, I hope to have it registered and driving late this summer. The car is a tribute to my wifes uncle, as he built a car in the 50s that looked exactly like this, and won the "Americas Most Beautiful Roadster" award in 1955. We started with nothing but a rusted shell of a body, and I have done all the work myself with some help from my family. Hope to have it completely done within 2 years (paint, chrome, upholstery, ect) Thanks for asking about our car.

IMAG0716.jpg

Photo of the car we are duplicating in 1957 with both of my wifes uncles, from a feature article in Hot Rod Magazine June 1957.

Anderegg1.jpg

• 3 months later...

One of my favorite car models as a kid was a 32 Ford Phaeton I built when I was about 14. I've been meaning to chase one down and redo it as a tribute for myself. Perhaps one of these days.

Well a bit on the back burner for now, although I do tinker with it now and again. I am prepping the body for primer and paint. I want it to be smooth and shiny black, so lots of sanding of flaws, and the modifications I have made. I also have filled in a bunch of holes in the body that I wont be using, so prepping those as well. But it has taken a bit of a back seat to my P-51 Mustang and Spitfire builds. Thanks for looking in.

Woah ... How'd I miss this one? This is fun!!

Grant

PS: Am almost finished building a 1/8th (yes, 1/8th!) scale Aston Martin DB5 .. it's a magazine part work model in die-cast and plastic of James Bond 007's car from the film Goldfinger. Everything works .... lights, brake lights, ejection seat, rear bullet proof screen, horn ... everything.

Woah ... How'd I miss this one? This is fun!!

Grant

PS: Am almost finished building a 1/8th (yes, 1/8th!) scale Aston Martin DB5 .. it's a magazine part work model in die-cast and plastic of James Bond 007's car from the film Goldfinger. Everything works .... lights, brake lights, ejection seat, rear bullet proof screen, horn ... everything.

Great stuff. I always wanted a car with machine guns and an ejection seat. :)