Tiny Albatros

LSP_K2

• 2 weeks later...

Owing to some Christmas cash that came my way, I was finally able to get some badly needed supplies, including enough material to finish off this little hanger. To this end, I've now added the corrugated siding. Tomorrow I'll make some additional truss work, and get started on the roof.

siding1003_zps7f67ff39.jpg

Guest Peterpools

kev

Just lov'en it. Reminfds me of my model railroad days where structures and scenery were as important as the motive power and rolling stock

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Working along at my usual glacial pace, I've been adding more siding, as well as cutting the convoluted roof sections, using scribed sheet to represent the roofing boards on the interior, which will also act as a substrate for the corrugated roof sections. This may not be technically accurate, but I think I can live with that, as several other aspects of the framing are non standard too, though the modified king post truss is reasonably authentic. Naturally I couldn't get both pieces of roof from one sheet, so back to the LHS we go!

roof001_zpsd499e835.jpg

roof002_zps15af5865.jpg

This was fun, the first (and only) complete truss that I'll have room for. With the roof line splaying out the way it has to, the opposite wall will not have enough room to receive a full truss end, so I may end up just building several full trusses, then nipping the ends off as required.

roof002_zps035d2eac.jpg