What do I need for a great F-4C?

Aptivaboy

I'm in the planning stages on my Tamiya F-4C, the one that's been in the box for years collecting dust. I've got some nice Fox One decals, a gun pod en route from AMS Resin, missiles en route from Zactomodels, and I'll probably get the Avionics cockpit. Is there anything else that's absolutely mission critical?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

As you probably know, built from the box, the wingtip dihedral is about double the angle it should be. I highly recommend the wooden Nautilus Models Alignment Jig...it sets the proper wingtip dihedral and stabilator anhedral as well.

Cheers,

Jim Whitley

Hi!

Besides the already mentioned items, the Aires exhausts are recommended as well.

Regarding Zacto missiles, I'm sorry to say you cannot accurately use them! F-4Cs used AIM-9B and later the AIM-9E that were noticeably different from Zacto D/G winders (used by Navy Phantoms)...

Many moons ago, I published a tweak list with Ben Brown. Look in the pinned topics to get it.

HTH

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll look into the intakes.

No worries on the missiles, Thierry, as I have a big F-4J for them also in the pile. My error thinking they would work for the F-4C. For some reason, I thought that the Air Force used the D model 'winder. Senior moment.

Robert