Hasegawa 109F2

frankc

I have started work on converting the new Hasegawa Bf 109F-4 kit into the F-2 variant.

Here are some shots of the work I have done so far - fantastic kit. I think Hasegawa has hit a home run with this one!

fcc109F2_32_1.jpg

fcc109F2_32_2.jpg

fcc109F2_32_3.jpg

fcc109F2_32_4.jpg

fcc109F2_32_5.jpg

fcc109F2_32_6.jpg

fcc109F2_32_7.jpg

fcc109F2_32_8.jpg

fcc109F2_32_9.jpg

fcc109F2_32_10.jpg

The entire build will be found here as it's much easier for me to keep track of it if it's just in one place (I hope that's OK)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=216901

thanks for looking

Regards,

Frank

Great stuff so far Frank. I love your scratchbuilding. Do you know if the wing panels were filled with epoxy?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hey Mark,

thanks for the comments!

In this case, the wing is a single panel. I discuss that some in the link over in the full article on ARC. Basically Mansur Mustafin discovered that the 109F-2 series had a single panel for the top of each wing. This panel isn't broken up into smaller panels. It's one large peice of aluminium! I have no idea why they did this - but they changed pretty quickly to the paneled construction which is shown in G2s for sure. I have been checking my photos and I find more and more evidence that seems to indicate the 109F-2 wings didn't have panel lines on them.

Over on HS there is some speculation that the elevator stabs might have been puttied - but I don't know.

Interesting trivia for sure

Regards,

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I have some updated photos for the build incase anyone is interested.

I decided to use the Master Models guns - awesome product!

fcc109F2_32_5a.jpg

fcc109F2_32_5b.jpg

I was intially incorrect - the gear angle is offset 95 degrees not 90 so I fixed that - like the result much better!

fcc109F2_32_12a.jpg

Did some updates on the pit -pretty close to the paint phase - should be mostly downhill from there.

fcc109F2_32_18.jpg

fcc109F2_32_19.jpg

(full blog can be found here)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry2072832

Thanks for looking

Frank

Beautiful work, Frank. THAT is modeling!

what he said!!!

:speak_cool: :evil_laugh:

if i ever build one of these birds, i will be using this build for sure!

I used your 109E build as a basis for my own (much MUCH poorer) efforts - i see all the pics have gone from that build, and it was never updated

did you ever finish it?

Nick

what he said!!!

:goodjob: :clap2:

if i ever build one of these birds, i will be using this build for sure!

I used your 109E build as a basis for my own (much MUCH poorer) efforts - i see all the pics have gone from that build, and it was never updated

did you ever finish it?

Nick

Hey Nick,

I'm very glad to hear that my 109E blog was helpful to your build! I cringe when I see people post thier thoughts on how bad that Eduard kit is - that's just wrong. Great kit- just needs a little modeling done to make it better - Which I'm glad to hear others are not afraid to do.

The pics aren't gone for good. This model will be a future Tamiya Modeling International feature.

I did finish the kit. I entered it in the US IPMS Nationals held this past August. This is the only photo of the finished model I have to show until The Tamiya Mag article comes out..

http://ipmsusa.org/Nats2010/winners/phoeni...nners/139_2.jpg

139_2.jpg

Thanks again for the kind words

Best Regards,

Frank