Good Deal on Hasegawa Kittyhawk I/III

Bill M.

I have mentioned before that the new Hasegawa Kittyhawk I/III is the best donor kit for the upcoming P-40F/L conversion. This is because it contains both kinds of windscreens, both kinds of exhausts, and short and long tail, etc. Thus, it can be used to build any version of the Merlin-powered Warhawk. However, it is also more expensive than the other Hasegawa P-40 kits, probably because of all the extra parts. A friend of mine tipped me off about an internet retailer who had them on sale for only $34.39. I don't know anything about this outfit, but I decided I would take a chance and I ordered two kits. The shipping for Priority Mail was reasonable too-- about $8.00 for two kits. If you want to check it out, here is the link--

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hsg/hsg08204-5.htm

Bill M.

Many thanks for the "heads-up" :punk: on these. I just ordered two. Even with shipping it will probably be cheaper than buying over here. The only down-side I can see is that paypal isn't an option for overseas orders as they don't have a fixed rate for international shipping, at least as far as I can tell and, as the shipping is an "actual cost" deal, you have to do the whole checkout'n'confirm order thing without knowing how much the shipping will be. I guess the only other down-side is that now I have :rolleyes: to buy two of those P-40F/L conversion sets, but hey, what the hell! I really want a short and long tail Merlin powered P-40 so I guess it's a no-brainer.

Today is a good day! I'm finally getting my sticky mitts on one of the really hard to find P-40Ks, traded it for two '48th P-51s and a bunch of A.M :popcorn:

Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone know if one can make a P-40N from what's included in the box?

You could make an early P-40N-- the one with the standard P-40 canopy. However, I don't believe the kit has what we normally think of as the unique P-40N canopy. I think that this later, more typical P-40N was a Kittyhawk IV. As far as I know this kit only has parts for a Kittyhawk I (P-40E) and a Kittyhawk III (P-40M).

Bill M.

I'm curious-- Has anyone ever heard of this outfit "Hobbylinc.com"? When I was tipped off about this sale price, it was the first I had heard of them.

Bill M.

I've ordered from them in the past, although it's been a few years. Never had a problem with their service, just found better selections elsewhere. This seems like a really great price!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't posting to "make the others jealous" (at least I hope I wasn't). I was just letting people know that the deal was legitimate and still available. For those wanting to build a P-40F/L with the soon-to-be-released conversion kit, this kit is the best donor kit to use and it is available here for a surprisingly low price. Since it is a recent Hasegawa release, I don't know why this outfit is selling it at such a discount, but I guess I shouldn't ask questions.

Bill M.

I wasn't posting to "make the others jealous" (at least I hope I wasn't). I was just letting people know that the deal was legitimate and still available. For those wanting to build a P-40F/L with the soon-to-be-released conversion kit, this kit is the best donor kit to use and it is available here for a surprisingly low price. Since it is a recent Hasegawa release, I don't know why this outfit is selling it at such a discount, but I guess I shouldn't ask questions.

Bill M.

There is a long-running thread called "Make the others jealous" which is basically a "look what I got today!" thread. All good fun with a little drooling when somebody gets a big haul.

As to why the discount? ;) Usually retailers discount steeply for one of two reasons: They're overstocked or they got a great deal and are passing it along.