1/24 Mosquito conversion sets

Monty Python

Quick heads up about 3 conversion sets for the Airfix Mosquito. If you are unsure about the dealer, then rest assured. They are well thought of here in the UK and their sets are usually top quality

<<linky>>

<<linky1>>

<<linky2>>

Chris

Nice! If this is fair dinkum, sorry, for non-Aussies, if this is REAL, they look very good (I note the date of your post and am something of a sceptic)

However, beware! The according to my sources, the radar used in the Mk XVII/XIX Mossies was different to that used in the Mk II, as supplied in the kit.

PR

Nice! If this is fair dinkum, sorry, for non-Aussies, if this is REAL, they look very good (I note the date of your post and am something of a sceptic)

However, beware! The according to my sources, the radar used in the Mk XVII/XIX Mossies was different to that used in the Mk II, as supplied in the kit.

PR

All I can say is check the web site. They are for real. Just a coincidence that I posted on the 1st of April.

Chris

According to Ali of A2Zee models he has a sea Mosquito conversion in the pipeline :speak_cool: . Possible release around May. He has thoughts for other conversions as well. This looks like I'll be needing some bigger shelves.

Chris

All I can say is check the web site. They are for real. Just a coincidence that I posted on the 1st of April.

Chris

Hi Chris

Yep, did that - if this was an April Fools post, one of the most elaborate in history :speak_cool:

Thanks for the post - I have been hanging out for the bulged nose for ages.

However, it seems there were two styles of the bulged "Universal" nose. One as per the conversion set from Alley Cat with the up swept lower profile, and a second that seems to come out a bit straighter from the lower nose, so has a deeper profile. From my limited resources, the 456 Sqn Mk XVIIs seem to have the deeper type, while their later Mk 30's had the type as per the conversion set.

Thanks again mate - appreciate the heads up on this one.

PR

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my ASH conversion from A2Zee and I am VERY pleased with it. The nose section looks to be a drop in fit with little cleaning up and sharp detailing. The radar works for the office are likewise sharply detailed and the Montex masks and colour instructions complete the package. Excellent value for money.

Alistair and I have traded emails over the cockpit layout supplied as there seems to be no definitive information available. I think that supplied is more like the Sea Mosquito than the converted FB IV - but no complaints from me that's what research and modelling is all about.

If the other conversions are this good I can see another Mossie calling me.

Now we just need the Paragon bits to help the undercarriage area.

According to Ali of A2Zee models he has a sea Mosquito conversion in the pipeline :thumbsup: . Possible release around May. He has thoughts for other conversions as well. This looks like I'll be needing some bigger shelves.

Chris

Oh giddy up!!! :P

I'll be in for one of those for shizzle!!

right best order the kit

Just got the Mk XVII/XIX Mossy conversion.

I can recommend this one - beautifully moulded, with the rear half hollowed out to fit the kit nose. The set includes the bulge for the Monica tail radar that sat beneath the tail cone.

Also a nice set of masks for the codes, serials, and 456 Sqn marking on the crew door, PLUS a lovely mask set for BOTH inside and outside the canopy!

I can also HIGHLY recommend A2Z - the set came with an apology for the delayed posting, yet this arrived quicker than many other items ordered from some prominent UK suppliers (!!) - nice touch.

My only concerns are as per my earlier post - no AI Mk X (can scratch build this) and this pattern nose doesn't seem to be the one used on 456 Sqn Mk XVII's (but looks easy enough to modify)

Thanks again Chris for the original heads up on this one!

PR

Hi Guys

Just an update, for the two Mossie sets AC24002C NF Mk.XII and AC24003C XIII and NF Mk.XVII and XIX we have introduced some of the interior fit for the radar parts for this kit. We will be mailing these out to all those that have already purchased the kit sets free of charge, those that have not purchased them will get these automatically with each set purchased but we have increased the price ever so slightly to pay for the more detailed and comprehensive set. We do trust that you will like the added details. We are always looking to make our sets as accurate as possible, and trust that these additions will be good added value. Note that there are two viewing scopes provided, obviously only one will be used, and this will be clarified in the instructions. I would hasten to add that the actual nose cones and the interior radar fit on these aircraft almost varied from aircraft to aircraft and we have taken the stance to get it as accurate as possible, but obviously we cannot cover every unique set up.

radarsets.jpg

Please be patient as we will start sending the new parts in the next few days and hope that the air space ban over the UK clears soon.

cheers Ali

Hi Guys

Just an update, for the two Mossie sets AC24002C NF Mk.XII and AC24003C XIII and NF Mk.XVII and XIX we have introduced some of the interior fit for the radar parts for this kit. We will be mailing these out to all those that have already purchased the kit sets free of charge, those that have not purchased them will get these automatically with each set purchased but we have increased the price ever so slightly to pay for the more detailed and comprehensive set. We do trust that you will like the added details. We are always looking to make our sets as accurate as possible, and trust that these additions will be good added value. Note that there are two viewing scopes provided, obviously only one will be used, and this will be clarified in the instructions. I would hasten to add that the actual nose cones and the interior radar fit on these aircraft almost varied from aircraft to aircraft and we have taken the stance to get it as accurate as possible, but obviously we cannot cover every unique set up.

radarsets.jpg

Please be patient as we will start sending the new parts in the next few days and hope that the air space ban over the UK clears soon.

cheers Ali

Ali, THANK YOU! That is sensational, you guys are setting a standard that others will find difficult to follow.

The radar sets look spot on - well done.

Point taken about the Mossy noses, especially the early ones. From my limited research, DeHavilland seem to have settled on a standard at some point in production that your set admirably represents. It certainly isn't a difficult mod to make to your set to represent other variations.

The Mk XVII is one I have a particular emotional attachment to, so I for one am most grateful for your efforts, and especially the 456 Sqn emblem. Thank you.

PR