109G-6 in Hartmann colours

Coolie

Hi Coolie,

Looking good so far.

Perhaps one remark,if I may.

But isn't the finish not a bit to glossy ?

I've always wondered about the correctness of using semi-gloss paint on WW-2 planes.

Any comment from other members ?

Don't feel offended.Just asking.

Looks to be pre-decal, and that is where you want the model to be as shiney as possible IMHO ;)

As far as wartime finishes, I bet you could argue a case for the entire range between full gloss; like on 56th FG Thuinderbolts in '43, to full dull as many desert-teather and PTO aircraft with high-use combat profiles.

The Gustav is looking great so far Coolie!

Chris is right, im going glossy pre decal...as you can see no real shading or anything either as yet...investigating how best for me to do it at the moment...Thats why I previously mentioned the future and paint thing...

Should be able to get to my fave little model shop on the weekend to get some acrylic paint to get ready for shading etc...i also heard that you can mix flat or matt coatings with future as well?

Hey Menelaos, (and everyone)

If you havent read it grab Blonde Knight of Germany...Its a top story but also, what a guy...at the end of the war he was ordered to surrender to the americans cos of the way prisoners were being treated by the russians...says nup gotta look after my people.

I find it ironic that the top German ace ended up training in the US with the USAF after the war...