Eduard 1/32 WWII USAF/USN Photo Etch Belts

Spit88

I see this set is available from Squadron for a good price, my question is what aircraft would these belts be applicable for? When I look at the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40/P-47 kits and pictures of the seat and belts they look longer and different to go over the roll bar on the back of the seat. Will this photo etch set work for these kits as I don't want to have to spend more for the individual photo etch sets for these planes, I just want the belts.

As I recall, Eduard has an early and late set. The belts are pretty long for each and should work great. My opinion is sometimes the belts look a bit rigid so I usually just buy them for the buckles. Wish I could just get the buckles...

Eduard makes all those belts, too. Cry no more...

Do they make them as hardware only, without the belts attached? That would really be perfect. I recently ordered some IJA belts, and the belt parts and buckles were cut as a unit.

I have the Eduard # 32604 USAF & USN WWII Early set that I was going to use on my Revell P-51B build.

The set I have is the pre-painted set & I have to say that I'm not too impressed.

Granted that it's probably 75% operator error, I just couldn't get them bent to look like they would lay naturally in the seat without the paint flaking - & I was REAL careful.

Another thing is that this set only comes with lap-belts - no shoulder harness.

I'll be using the buckles for the belts so the set is not a total waste but I doubt I'll get another - except for getting more buckles perhaps.

Adrian