1/32 Ju 88G-6

Pastor John

My kit arrived yesterday. To all waiting the arrival- it's well worth the wait! All my resin is perfect, as is the canopy and other clear parts, and etchings. The decal sheet is drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for the excellent effort you've put in on this conversion John! :lol:

Kent

Hi all - sorry again to all those still waiting for their order - canopies just cannot be done in Pet G in a factory setting - the stuff has a high static discharge that encourages every bit of dirt in the vacuforms direction - they are being done in PVA instead and should be here soon so I can send off these 28 orders blocking up my study. Anyway I used my decals the other day printed by Fantasy printshop. They are extra thin so will curl up if you do not slide them on carefully. Make sure they have a nice watery surface to go onto otherwise you will find it difficult to move them.

post-6828-1268167887.jpg

That is going to be one incridble G-6! Now I'm kicking myself for not getting the Ju88 instead of the 110C I got for my birthday... :) I can only pray that somebody comes out with the 110 G Nightfighter conversion that's even close to what you've done for the Ju 88 kit. Really spectacular and dedicated research and work has turned an inspiring kit into a work of art.

Well done ! Cant wait to see it all together.

:)

Hate to point this out so late in your build but i see a major problem. The quality of the resin bits and the upgrade stuff you made is too good and stands out against the kit parts. :frantic: Outstanding work so far!!! the only problem is that now i'm gonna have to buy THIS conversion set so i'll end up with an A-1, a C-4, AND a G-6. I'm gonna have to build an addition on to my house!

Thanks ladder4boy - my heart was in my mouth for a second there! You have all been very kind and very patient - I am sitting here waiting for the courier so I can get better canopies into the boxes and get to the post office with orders. I put the red walkway kit decals on my model last night - red looks fantastic against an RLM 76 background - I am beginning to wish I had modeled 3C+PN! Ju 88 G-6's seem almost devoid of stenciling - all I have ever seen clearly is a simple 'Achtung' on a rudder trim tab on one photo only and then there is the walkway markings without the wording on the well known photos of the burnt out G-1. I used 1/72 scale fuel markings just to keep the markings unobtrusive. Indeed if you have the TallyHo 1/72 stencil set for the Ju 88 they include some walkway arrows seen in the G-1 photo mentioned above but are much too big in 1/72. Sadly I had already used them on something else.

post-6828-1268298582.jpg

They look much better now John! Thanks again for all the effort!

Kent

Well thats all my back orders off in the post - just need to resend the better spinners tomorrow God willing. They came today with the better canopies and look much better - see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

After a little break to clear back-orders I managed to get my own SN-2 on - not perfect by any means and wish I had made more of an effort in dry building stage but it will have to do. I will be trying to sell all my 1/32 Ju 88s at Telford anyway to finance a Ju 188 project. Here are a few shots from different angles. Just need to crack on with my vacformed spinners now. Please have a look in the Vendors area at how my BMW 801s are coming along. I think the G-1 and Mistel 2 will be ready by the summer.

post-6828-1269099149.jpg

post-6828-1269099157.jpg