Tomcat F-14D Trumpeter

Pfuf

Hello thx.

I still not have Putty so I go in surge for some other filler and I end up with lacker filler for house paint it work wonderfull so did a test in the inlet and afther sanding and great result I did the rest.

post-5365-1261604029.jpg

Ok now the engines they have to muche parts why O why if 1 on a miljoen want to have a open engine then get your shaw and have fun so here my strugle.

And the colors inside are not helping there are with and black shades so here the result.

Nex time I will and I promise will close the seams bud for now I can live with it.

post-5365-1261604498.jpg

And the end result .

O for I forget i did have trouble getting used to the white color of vallejo afther a call I did order a other thinner this one will dry slower so the change on dry tip problem is less.

This stuff

http://www.airbrush-services-almere.nl/sho...archphrase=4010

O the paint on my hands is to see the spray picture so LoL.

Have fun johan

post-5365-1261604855.jpg

Ok now the engines they have to muche parts why O why if 1 on a miljoen want to have a open engine then get your shaw and have fun so here my strugle.

And the colors inside are not helping there are with and black shades so here the result.

Nex time I will and I promise will close the seams bud for now I can live with it.

Nice work so far, Now what are we going to do with the area under the windscreen on each side and in front of the dash?? There are also no rudder pedals!! For a kit this big and complex and expensive, They could have adressed these simple things!! I closed up the left side panels and shimmed them with sprue, then rescribed and re bored the fastner holes. I did the same for the refueling probe on the right side. Other then that the parts are very workable as is. once I figure out how to box in the front portion, the rest will be a piece of cake!~!!!!! Let me know what you think about this area.. Regards, Big Bill Schwarz, President, NJIPMS

Hi Buddycat the spaces around the tube yes I think they forgot the padals need to have a good look for them your solution you handed I think have to follow will take in progress photo's

The engines well what can I say in momnet as this you miss a radial engine the time spend getting the tunnel closed is a real fight maybe I did something wrong.

The solution cut the engine in 2 and pffffffff looks ok and all will be not seen afther I glue the body together.

I am now going to spend some time on the wheel bay's detail painting and the legs.

I did see some comments on the landing gear it self well I don't want any cables on them let me at them my self it is easy and fun the hard of these legs is alluminum so they can have the weight of 2 tomcat's.

So I hope to show you later the cockpit and legs ready I thing the big fight is over as floppy the underpart firts feel it is now a sturdy peace.

Have fun O I did worked a bit on the tail the heve the reinforge plates ok stil the can use some more detail so I did that in between glue cure time :beer4:

Have fun tonight hope to show more bb johan

post-5365-1261655989.jpg

Hi Drinking Red wine is for me like drinking a sleep potion I reay cant keep my eyes open lol

So I strated on the legs I did try sto paint soem work on ly at eleven a clock I do not want to muche noise then the only option is to place some piping on the leg.

It is very difficult to realy get a good picture were every pipe went so here mine impression LoL

post-5365-1261698184.jpg

So laste I hope to paint the rest so I can close the main fuselage and paint the leg.

O I all moost forget the little link between the main leg and sisser link I did glue this on for hand now need to cut it loose so only glue it when it on it's place

Have fun johan

post-5365-1261698361.jpg

Hi this morning I try to finish the front Leg as I notice there is a soort structuur that looks more mount point for the landing light not the Light it self.

So hoping they forget to draw it i surge for the light end of story stole it from the F18.

Now the deck signal lights I think they are is just a block plastic :BANGHEAD2: so I sand it smooth and drilled carefull to get some symatrie and will fill this little holes when I am compleetly done painting this leg with Kristal Klear and Tamiya Klear color.

This is not good it is not about a bad shape it is the absent of 2 compleet parts that makes this front leg a detail resemblance.

Ok 2 photo's will try to paint them today so I have some real progress closing the 2 big halves.

BB johan

post-5365-1261740957.jpg

Hi Johan great progress on your F14 that is going to be a beauty when finished

I read you were looking for putty I`m using ALABASTINE AUTOLAKPLAMUUR works great dries fast

and you can wipe it of with alcohol or spiritus you don`t have to sand that way

Keep them pics coming

MERRY X-MAS

David