Starfighter AM dilemma

LSP_K2

I need to place an order shortly for the Aires F-104G Starfighter nozzle, and need to know if there is any real difference between the two offerings. Set 2075 is for Revell, and 2077 is for Hasegawa. As far as I can discern, both kit nozzles are virtually identical in size. Any knowledgeable info to share with me would be most appreciated, as I’ll be starting this kit full force in the next few weeks.

I have the KMC pit set, as well as the long OOP KMC gun as main weapon, with some details from Verlinden. A lot of the Verlinden stuff will go straight in the trash can however, as is typical. Most, if not all, of the gunbay will be scratch built. I also have some Eduard P.E. stuff as well as Waldron items I’ll use to embellish pit area and airframe. Too bad I don’t know of a drop in set of wheel wells, as kit provided items are barren. Most everything else should be straightforward I think.

Thanks a bunch,

Kevin

I am not at all familiar with the F-104 kits but it seems to me that if the nozzle would fit either kit then they would have only one and advertise to fit both kits. Just my two cents.

Texas ;) :P B)

I can't help you with the nozzle but I recently built the Hasegawa 1987 boxing for the C version. I used the KMC G cockpit. I had a very difficult time getting it to fit. I don't know if the differences in the C an G contributed to my problems but the fuselage and the resin cockpit had to be sanded paper thin. In the end it took about a weeks worth of sanding to get the fuselage closed up but it was worth it.

Good luck, it is always nice to see a Zipper being built.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting guys, thanks a bunch. I had an opportunity to buy the nozzle for the Revell kit, but I'm building the Hasegawa version. I may just buy this one. I'll be finally able to begin the Starfighter full steam in about a week; looking forward to it a lot.

Kevin ;)

I currently have the D&S, Warbird Tech, and Verlinden books on the Starfighter, but none has any real good detail shots of the gun bay. I was lucky enough to find three decent shots on the web, but more would help greatly. Anyone have any good references/links they can tell me about? I’d certainly appreciate all the help you guys could offer.

I think I’m hopelessly addicted to this site already. ;)

Thanks,

Kevin

I currently have the D&S, Warbird Tech, and Verlinden books on the Starfighter, but none has any real good detail shots of the gun bay. I was lucky enough to find three decent shots on the web, but more would help greatly. Anyone have any good references/links they can tell me about? I’d certainly appreciate all the help you guys could offer.

I think I’m hopelessly addicted to this site already. :(

Thanks,

Kevin

The gun bay of which one? F-104 G or S?

Mike

If you need more ore other details, let me know. I have pics of nearly every peace of the 104.

Mike

Given your LSP moniker, I assumed as much, and I really do appreciate it Mike. After my fiasco with the Rufe, I’m ready for a change of direction. In fact, I’ve already begun. The Starfighter kit has recently been beckoning me, as kits are sometimes known to do. :blink:

Kevin