Do you guys "Future" / "klear" canopies in 1/32 or

Yep, that sounds like the Airfix kit Nick - though it's in 1/48 scale, not 1/32.

Kev

wow - i really must be getting senile!!! :P :lol:

my excuse is that when you are small, other things seem big... ;)

wow - i really must be getting senile!!! :P :lol:

my excuse is that when you are small, other things seem big... ;)

Your only choice in 1/32 for an F would have been the old Revell kit, which has been marketed in the past as a 109F, but generally seen in boxes as a 109G. Airfix were first to market with one in 1/48 IIRC, waaaay before Hasegawa's kit came out.

Yes, senility is a real...something...what was the question?

Kev

All was said in the previous posts, but an important point: dust speckles. Before the dip I blow the canopy with a watchmaker dust blower (a rubber ball with a outlet pipe) and check carefully under the workbench light for a dustfree surface.

However it will happen that when you pull the canopy out of the Future, a blob (emprisoning a dust speckle) becomes apparent. Two options: re-dip, hoping to get rid of that pecular dust, or guide it slowly with a toockpick - over the wet surface - to an edge of the canopy, where it can dry and become invisible. The trail will level off by itself.

My 2 cts of experience :blink:

Go and try, no reason to get the shakes :P

I use Future or Klear for the clear parts and everyone has given you some good advise and how to. The one thing that I might add is that Klear is very forgiving. That is if you don't like the results the first time you can re-dip or remove it with window cleaner that has ammonia in it and start over.

Texas :lol: :P :blink:

cheers Texas

i have used it for about 4-5 years now i guess, but was asking because a) have taken a year break from actually making stuff and :P have never futured anything large before - this will be first 1/32 kit.

i know there was a furore about Future / Klear changing disappearing, but i think Swanny covered this well on his site and / or over on HS (must confess with 2 bottles on my desk i ignored all those threads! perhaps i should have paid attention?! :blink: )

i actually have some other questions about various bits and bobs - some stuff abot tools, others about primers, airbrush cleaners and so on.

should i just ask away in this thread given that a number of people have contributed thus far?

i am concious of not wanting to "clog up" the main forum, although i have to say it's been a bit quiet on here lately - maybe there just isn't much going on, or maybe everyone else is busy building?!

thanks to all once again

Nick

cheers Texas

i actually have some other questions about various bits and bobs - some stuff abot tools, others about primers, airbrush cleaners and so on.

should i just ask away in this thread given that a number of people have contributed thus far?

thanks to all once again

Nick

I am not sure what the forum rules are, but if I were you I would start a new topic and ask one or two questions in each. That way your title will let everyone know what you need information or help with. Just my two cents and the forum moderator may have some advise also.

Texas :lol: :P :blink:

Has anyone thought that dipping canopies in Klear might cause problems in the long term such as yellowing or some sort of reaction with the clear plastic? I'd rather have a few scratches than dip them in that stuff as after all - real canopies do get scratched.

• LSP_Kevin changed the title to Do you guys "Future" / "klear" canopies in 1/32 or