F-80 again...

Harold

Last shot of IP and Sight

Thanks for posting again Barry. I found that I have the IP almost too close to the side panels, after the PE is attatched, it is really close. I have put a shim on the IP bulkhead to move it back a smidge.

Stick the bulkhead on the tub and see how it fits....you can see what I am talking about.

Nice work. I'm on the fence about picking up a F-80 kit. If I do I will definitely be getting one of your cockpits for it. It is just beautiful!

It is a really good starting point for an F-80. It does need some TLC to have it done right though.

I ran into a bit of trouble on the seat...

If you look closely, you will see that only a small bit of one arm rest is on the frame, and no pull handles.

The master broke away from the bottom of the casting box. It was floating in the middle of the rubber. I had to cut it out. AHHH!!!

I was able to save most of it. I have re-done the armrest and pull handles. I will make SURE it stays put this time.

The headrest came out fine..............

F-80seatside-2.jpgF-80seatfront.jpg

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/hairoldcut/

If at first you don't succeed ……………….

I know you’ll get it.

Barry

If it cast well enough, I will send you the rest of the goodies.......

This time it worked....

F-80seatside-3.jpgF-80seatfront-1.jpg

Here is the full set....I am casting some tonight. I will post them when they are ready to go. I still need to do the instructions. However, I don't think anyone here will have any trouble with getting this set to work for them.

F-80pitset-1.jpg

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/hairoldcut/

Cheers,

Harold

Looks fantastic Harold, will need at least one, maybe two.

Excellent work!

BTW, SAC has released metal landing gear for the F-80, but it looks just like the kit gear. Still looks too tall like extended gear just prior to touchdown, maybe wrong, just my 2 cents.

Mike

Looks fantastic Harold, will need at least one, maybe two.

Excellent work!

BTW, SAC has released metal landing gear for the F-80, but it looks just like the kit gear. Still looks too tall like extended gear just prior to touchdown, maybe wrong, just my 2 cents.

Mike

Yes, the gear is fully extended. They did turn the front tire around. The kit has it on the wrong side.

PLUS, they didn't do the retraction scissors for the doors.