ME-110G-2

I can't believe how fast you're moving with this build Russ. I've got this kit, but haven't looked in the box for years, so I can't remember what it's like. I had no idea the landing gear was so tricky!

Kev

Kev,

this guy is fast cause he is cheating: he works on his model 24/7 and takes no sleep at all :blink:

Russ,

as per your request, I will post a couple of pics of my 1998 built Me110G / night fighter.

Later,

loic

Ok Russ,

I have pulled the "oldery" out of its cardbox...

It has been in it since around 2002 and have traveled to 6 different houses since then... there as so been some "collateral damages" :blink:

I have used my airbrush compressor to try blow the dust coat away and I have managed to blow up decals.

Anyway, please try not to be too rude with me as despite this is one of the first build I have tryed to "detail", this is still an old build as it was completed circa 1998 and at that time, I had no idea what rescribing or aftermarket kit were :lol: an I had no money anyway.

All right, lets go...

first shot is an overall front view

post-3547-1215345656.jpg

first thing you may see is that I am still useless when it comes to take pictures :blink:

This time, it is not 100% my mistake, I was planning to shot outdoor so I could have a nice light but it started to rain about 15 min before i get ready to shot... :angry:

Anyway, an other front view but different angle.

Here you can see some of the "details" I have added:

- cross shape frame in front of the exausts

- assembly joints on the exausts

- welding lines on the exausts again

- oil and coolant radiators door opened

- LG break line added

- radar antenas made from stretched sprue (some on the cross mast are broken...)

- pilot extra armor plating added

- gun mozzles added (even where they should not be seen...)

post-3547-1215345900.jpg

Overall rear view...

- swatikas are missing as on much Revell kit at that time.

- added the schrage musik rear guns... by fittng the nose 30mm despite these should be 20mm I think

- added a few details on the rear defensive twin MG

- added a few details on the canopy like handles, etc..

- added pilot harness

- most obvious: this plane was brush painted...

post-3547-1215347100.jpg

Nest one shows the LG bay.

I just added very little things in there such as cables and an "artistic" LG leg actuator... I had very few references at that time :blink:

post-3547-1215347376.jpg

Forgot to tell but the wheels are the original kit ones...

I tryed to shot the next pic as if the plane just took of... not my best move :blink: but it serves my purpose as I only wanted to show how I did work out raised panel lines by then with a combinations of 2 consecuutive actions:

- apply a stripe of oil paint (mainly sienna brown) + humbrol black and when it started to dry, gently get it of with a clothe + white spirit

- apply 1 stripes of masking tape on each side of every panle line (about 0.2mm in between...) and paint the line with the above mentionned paint mixture

That was long and not quite effective but hey, everybody has to learn I guess :lol:

post-3547-1215347804.jpg

last shot is a top view that illustrate the brush painted camo...

Otherwise, I really like this kit (whether it is the C/E or the G mark): lots of potential for a show stopper here... and the german night fighting activity is a captivating subject (at least to me).

Cheers and keep the good work going

Loic

post-3547-1215348587.jpg

Ok Russ,

I have pulled the "oldery" out of its cardbox...

It has been in it since around 2002 and have traveled to 6 different houses since then... there as so been some "collateral damages" :rolleyes:

I have used my airbrush compressor to try blow the dust coat away and I have managed to blow up decals.

Anyway, please try not to be too rude with me as despite this is one of the first build I have tryed to "detail", this is still an old build as it was completed circa 1998 and at that time, I had no idea what rescribing or aftermarket kit were :rolleyes: an I had no money anyway.

All right, lets go...

first shot is an overall front view

Your yard looks like something painted by Claude Monet! :rolleyes:

Russ what can I say? I dig your work.Really cool stuff with the old kits.I have a bunch of the old Revell kits and didn't throw them away for just this reason...they can be built into some very nice looking builds.Great work...cheers

Oh sure, rub it in "Mr. Living On The French Riviera"!! :rolleyes: Got the info you sent Loic, Thanks a ZILLION! Thanks also to Matt for your MAJOR contribution! I've been drooling and disseminating a lot of new info. All incredibly interesting stuff...Ya gotta love this forum for all the really nice helpful fellow modellers. Muchos Gracious, buddys!

Well, after waking up,(as an old motorcycle racer, you've gotta know 'if ya ain't cheatin,..ya ain't trying, eh, Loic?!! :P ) and checking out Mr. Loics outstanding pics of his Me-110G-4 I decided to shuffle some parts around as they got me all pumped up and inspired again. Thanks for sharing those with us Loic, it's really nice to see the model built up so I can run my eyeballs across the proportions. VERY helpful. You've also helped me avoid stepping on a landmine that I didn't know was there! I saw the elevator askew on your kit, so I thought I'd check mine out too.(AND the other kit I have un-built) Guess what?! Yup, somethings going on back there, warped fuse?...miss-molding...something, but both of mine are the same way! Whew! :rolleyes: Easy enough to fix if you know to look-out for it by shimming, but almost non-noticable until kit is built! Thanks for the heads-up dude! Really nice additions you put on that kit for details, I'll have to incorporate most into my future G-4 build.

As this build is a collaborative effort, I thought I'd share a tid-bit I found today. If you have the G-4 version of this kit(like Loic's above), the most obvious visual anomaly is the spinners. I checked the kit spinner baseplate against a Hasegawa Me-109G spinner baseplate and they were the SAME size! They're even correct scale size. Hmmm, that means if somebody wanted to swap out spinners/props, or add resin replacements with an even more scale profile to the stock kit nacelles....it's a drop-on replacement! :rolleyes: Sweet! Here are some pics.

post-4413-1215381914.jpg

post-4413-1215381942.jpg

Whaddyuh think? More pics soon. Russ