Lt. Rif Raaf

LSP_Mike

"So the bloke just flew along the channel taunting us, and many men tried, and many men died, but that dog of a pilot finally got him" With the stories of his father ringing in his ears, a later generation of pilots gets ready to take to the skies, to defend hearth and home. Lt. Rif Raaf must ready himself to patrol the skies over Darwin.

I have decided to resume serious modelling, and the Revell Spitsfire shall be my next subject. This will be an Aussie Spit, very possibly a "Grey Nurse" Sqn. Spit, but we'll see. I will unabashadly copy all of Radus Spitfire fixes, and incorporate them into this build. This is the first step.

Spitsfireparts.jpg

as you can see, this is a complex kit.

With all of this re-newed interest in Rif Raaf and his spitsfire perhaps we sould have a squadron reunion at some airfield to be named later.....Perhaps even Verner Moldy will fly in in der Messaschitzel.....ya, could hoppen!!!!

Cheers,

ggc

With all of this re-newed interest in Rif Raaf and his spitsfire perhaps we sould have a squadron reunion at some airfield to be named later.....Perhaps even Verner Moldy will fly in in der Messaschitzel.....ya, could hoppen!!!!

Cheers,

ggc

HI yes a squadron reunion now that sounds like fun for all

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A little progress. Detail L/G doors, legs, and bays. I started the pilot, and have some details there(smoke from the pipe)still. i'll be using these and some other decals, plus stencils. Green/grey/ ocean grey paint, with white leading edge IFF stripes.

RAAFspitty.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding guys, So far I have added detail to the wheel wells, & coolers, and deciding about the pit. It took me awhile to find the green and greys for my paint, but now I gots 'em. I'll get a pic up in a day or so. I am hopeing that Rev re-releases the 109 & neuiport.

Steve, What mark are you going to do? I was looking at an "A" wing, BoB conversion.

cheers,all

This is my progress so far with lt. Rif Raaf. my camera refuses to get close enough to show some of the stuff I've added, but it's there. The thing i'm thinkin on now is all the raised detail, and not loseing it when I glue this up. Once it's glued the paint should progress quickly.

spitsfireprogress1.jpg