Rubber Tires

Besides not liking the way they look or whatever, has anyone experienced any problems with using the rubber tires from Trumpeter, Tamiya, etc.?

I have only had one bad experience and that was with the AMT/ERTL Tigercat. So I was wondering if any one else had problems with the recent releases with Trumpeter or Tamiya?

I like the idea of separate wheels and tires, regardless of the material. And I know, no one likes the idea of having a Tigercat incident. (Although the bonus(?) was that AMT/ERTL replaced the entire kit!)

Thanks for any input

Gary V.

Hy Gary, can speak from my experience with the TRUMP G-6 which is in the update today and which has this rubber tires in the kit and must say: not an ideal solution for me. The tires and the plastic parts fit not very well together ( tires to big or wheel-rim too small?) and also if a true look is wanted by a modeller some troubles appear: real , used rubber tires look a bit of grey, and if you try to give the kits tires some shading with colours or powder- colours or chalks you´ll get some problems with adhesion. I´m with most of the modellers here and would prefer a good accuracy more than such "goodies" like rubber tires or movable flaps.

my two cents

Chris

:) Voice of experence rubber S)(ks, have aftermarket wheels ordered for my trumpter Corsairs, haven't looked at the Mig -3 but will wait till they get them for it if it has the rubber trash with it.

Happy modeling all

Bob in Calif

update on the 190S, have the first coat of primer, didn't know I had that many flaws, glad this isn't gonna be in a show except my shelf. :)