1:32 Hasegawa P-47D & Trumpeter F-100D

spruebrothers

I remember when this was an affordible hobby when any one that had a few dollers saved up cpuld buy a kit, nowa days you almost have to scrimp and save or have a real good paying job to afford these new kits. I purchased trumpy Mig 19 Farmer last year some time it came with detailed engines resin parts for the low price of around 36.00 dollers. All iam tryin to say is what constutes the price of the F-100D, a companey that size can afford be resanible on prices on kits, its getting to point that this going to be a rich mans hobby. At least when hesagawa comes out with a new tool kit they dont bump the prices up like that. Thats My 2 cents

That is IMO the big bonus of 21st Century. They may not be as finely detailed as a TamiHaseTrumpeter, but they are affordable and offer a base for your own efforts. Having no job ATM, budget is really a concern for me, thus the F-100 has to wait for quite some time, though it is one of my favourite planes.

...maybe Revell should put a couple of bucks in less esotheric subjects...

For what its worth, I figure I have to work 3.623 hrs to afford the Trump F-100 based on gross pay and Sprue Bro. price of $126.99.

Way back when I was a pup, I had to work 2.875 hrs for a Tamiya King Tiger or an Italieri Panzer Mk IV. ( I still have some of my first kits from the early 70s with the original price tags)

Yes the price is high but not really when you consider what you are getting. Every thing is going up. Cost of oil to make the plastic, Cost of machine tools, power to drive the tools, cost of packaging, cost of shipping, its all going up.

I will however wait til the price drops some. I too am not willing to pay full price for one. Plastic I got lots of. I can wait. <_<

Sabre

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hang on a minute guys, before we get the wagons rounded up and start lighting torches, we need to keep some things in mind.

The Hobby isn't dying. :rolleyes:

Don't forget we are building the biggest kits there are on offer, so of course our kits will cost more. If we built 72nd we could get Hobby Boss kits for about £5.00 which is pocket money when looking at the equivalent to what we were paying as kids.

Also don't overlook the Revell catalogue with plenty of 32nd scale kits for around £14.99!!

I agree, these kits are about £10-20.00 over priced, but that is what we need to be willing to pay to have the "ma and pa" local hobbyshops everyone is always on about saving. If we bought direct from the manufacturer via the internet we would be paying about half of what we do. Everyone in the distribution network needs to make their fair share of the cut, in order to pay their bills, and get it across the ocean so "Ma and Pa Hobbies" can afford to buy 4 or 5 kits from a distributor and not have to pay to bring across a container full of them. The distributor needs their cut as do Ma and Pa. So think about them putting food on their table, earning a reasonable wage to live at the standard of living everyone else enjoys when you notice your union dues deducted from your next paycheck.

Like I said I would personally like to see kits about £10-20.00 cheaper, because someone somewhere is making a fair bit, but yet again it is a matter of there being a choice now, so either buy the Hasegawa kit or the Trumpeter ki, and speak your mind with your wallet.

Cheers guys,

Jay

My big question is why the Trumpeter Hun doesn't appear to have any Vietnam period markings.

Guess that will be coming soon, as I see some very nice markings for French Huns are out there.

Trumpeter is funny about the decal versions sometimes, like the way they dorked up the SBD-2.

Tim W.

My big question is why the Trumpeter Hun doesn't appear to have any Vietnam period markings.

Guess that will be coming soon, as I see some very nice markings for French Huns are out there.

Trumpeter is funny about the decal versions sometimes, like the way they dorked up the SBD-2.

Tim W.

Probably one of those 'deals' with Hobbyscale. Hobbyscale will probably release a Vietnam version. Remember the same comments when Trumpeter released the P-40B's without Flying Tiger markings?