"Dai Banana!"- Pacific Coast Models Macchi 202 Folgore

bdthoresen

Just browsing through your build, and very good it looks to!

For the wheel wells, have you seen the Mushroom Model Magazine Special: Macchi C.202 Folgore by Przemystaw Skulski ISBN 83-89450-06-2 ? It has several colour photos of the wells, they do not cover every corner, but it will give you a good deal of the info you probably need.

My scanner went belly up so I cannot help with any images at the moment.

Good luck

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys- Back with pics as promised. Let's see..... Here is a front 3/4 of the installed cockpit components in the right fuselage half- I think it shows the detail of the kit's cockpit out of the box well. I used 5 minute epoxy on the parts for proper alignment. The fitting of the cockpit parts in this kit is very poor- Not only do you have to grind a crapload of plastic away from the fuselage halves, but everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has to be lined up perfectly, or else the halves will not close right......

post-719-1170013587.jpg

Well, here is a rear 3/4 view of the same fuselage half- The instrument panel came out well I think- I was not happy with the acetate gauges that came in the kit- which, ironically, I ended up damaging- So the spares box instruments show up well here. 5 minute epoxy for the glass faces- the little p.e. handles on the instrument panel are a nice touch, but will drive you crazy- (I still have an eye twitch!) B)

post-719-1170013657.jpg

Here is a shot of the exhaust fit- The resin pieces are really well cast here- showing no defects at all. The good news is, you do not even have to remove them from the casting blocks- The bad news is you once again not only have to file all four sides of the exhaust openings to elargen them, but you also have to do a bit more grinding on the inside of the fuselage half to get them to sit properly- I am still not terribly happy with the overall fit- But, I decided to let it ride. I could not grind out anymore, as the plastic on the fuselage was thin enough to let light through it; without a direct source of light! The exhausts were affixed using 5 minute epoxy- not only for alignment, but for reinforcement purposes of the fuselage plastic........Once again, any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking, and Happy Modeling........

THOR <_<

post-719-1170014423.jpg

Well here is the fuselage together- I wish I could say the fit was great- but, the fuselage halves are a bit warped, and needed to be clamped while I doused the seam with Pro-Weld. Gonna be some serious gap filling, and rescribing- the panel lines are inconsistent anyway. <_< Also, the rear turtledeck behind the pilot's headrest is out of round. :lol: Also, the lower radiator cowling is resin, and also warped. This kit is gonna fight me all the way!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Thanks for the pics Manu- right click save!!!!!!!!

Frank- I used Model Master RAF Interior green mixed with a touch of Flat White for the interior......

Thanks for the comments!!!!!

THOR :D

post-719-1170022615.jpg

Manu-

Always looking for more info- Thanks for the pics......This kit is not for the faint of heart, but, I have built way worse. I am still trying to find some great shots of the plumbing in the main gear bay, so I can try and fill up that space a bit. I am in the process of modifying the tailplanes right now- She will not beat me- After all, I have a four pound deadblow hammer that can end any dispute the kit and I might have pretty quickly!!!!!!! :lol:

THOR :blink: