RF-4B

Really nice work. You are making me want to reserrect my F 4 J. My J is nearly wooped, but I droped it and all the work I did in the Intake cracked. I now have some fod covers, but I can not bring myself to use them lol. I think it can be phixed. Anyway, which bird are you doing?? You need to look close as the last 12 or 18 rf4 bs produced had the "thick" wing.

S!

Oh man that is rough. Which FOD covers are you using? What did you do to the intakes. I almost hate to ask, guessing that it is a sore subject now :lol: .

Pete

I realised that I hadn't set up the rear deck correctly and that the deck should be flush with the rear bulkhead and sills, and that the two rear sides (the little raised continuing sections of the outer skins if the fuselage) should be thin and stick up from the deck itself. So I got the saw out and spent an hour making the correction. I like this new arrangement better because the parts mate to the kit parts better with minimal fuss and cutting and trimming.

Then to add the details like the pressure seals and misc. Next is the rear bulkhead detail and sidewalls.

Hope ya like it...

Pete

post-722-1150506411.jpg

Like it nah I LOVE it

would it be possible to have some more shots on the rear deck, also will you be putting cables on there too?

PS i hope you dont mind me using this a ref for mine would you? :rolleyes:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

The fod cover I have are the ones Cam did in res. As far as the intake..... I built the tube from the Tamyia kit, cut the part of the intake away from the fuselage and assembled that to the tube; fairing it in of coares. I then measured were the "intake would mount to the outter part that glues to fuselage. I glued that together using a large amount of filler and sheet plastic to finish the job. I test fitted, and was pleased wit the result. I got everything painted up, only to drop one intake. It hit the floor and the internals cracked. It can be repaired but I may turn my attention to a fresh start F 4e. Perhaps a 105. Great work!!!!!!

S!

Hi Guys,

Got a little work done on the sills tonight. Not much. I based them on the tamiya versions. I measured them and made a sketch and then drew them in Illustrator. Then I printed them on sticker material and cut them out with a fresh blade. I thought they were a little thin so I added an extra layer. Next will be to cut out the breaker panels on the port side and glue that to the underside of the sill so that it forms one single component. The rear end of the seal should line up with the part coming down from the deck, so I may redo them, but for now, the plan is to leave them.

Keep it up F-4 GB!

post-722-1150863006.jpg

Hey thats a great idea mmm I think im going to rebuild mine now a bit you made me change my mind

I like you work pete looks kickass

And yes im hope to have an update too its not grand work here that still has to come(Slats need to be build and nose wheel bay too ;) )

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Hi guys.

I spent some time fixing the bad geometry of the breaker panel. Kind of a bummer that the first one is no good. It was a lot of work, but I know I can do better. Now everything fits better and looks more correct.

I need some help. Does anyone have good pics of the sidewall area aft of the breaker panel on the RF-4B?

I know it's a long shot, but the pics I have end at the aft edge of the breaker panel.

Later,

Pete

post-722-1151127136.jpg

You are right, the second seems to be better. I dont know how many parts I have scraped due to me not liking them.

As for the rear wall of the B model, I cant help you, all my stuff is for the C.

Your progress is looking good though.

jim

Breaker panel update and tip to share:

A quick rundown:

I drew the panel in Illustrator

Cut it out and double-sided taped it to a piece of styrene

taped that to a work surface

taped a ruler to a triangle and lined that up with the first row of breakers

taped the other ruler to the work surface, aligned with the ruler/triangle combo

placed the small ruler on the rows of breakers and center punched the first row of holes

slid the triangle/ruler combo down and to the right, which produces a small shift down and stays parallel to the first row

Continue center punching until all are done

Note that not all of the rows are aligned with each other. Some stagger a bit

Does that make any freekin' sense? :)

Pete out

post-722-1151274644.jpg

hadnt thought of doing mine that way. I punched out many (i think about 1,000) styrene discks with a punch then glued em on. I do use a similar method for toggle switches though.

Looks great, keep pluging away, we all are bound to finish eventually :) .....maybe :)

jim