Trumpeter Mig 29M

Guest LSP_Jay L

I hope I am still everyones freind!! 

as long as you did no aircraft carrier, lol.

a friend of mine once said: "hey klausi, dont you think that aircraftcarriers are the most unneeded modellkits in the world? you know... there are guys who are sooo happy when they build a carrier with such a niiiiice flightdeck. hey man... for a real modeller such a deck is just the base wher he will put the actual modell onto...."

so.... hands off carriers... lol :P

cheers

klaus

Guest LSP_Jay L
I hope I am still everyones freind!! 

as long as you did no aircraft carrier, lol.

No worries mate, very small chance of that... :D

I decided I would liven up the canopy a small bit and add the seals.

Here is the method I use for masking canopys inside and out. by cutting samll triangles, it makes life much easier.

post-4-1146848025_thumb.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Sandwiching the lead foil between two strips of mplasticard wasn't as straightforward as I thought and there were several attempts withthe first one before I got it right on the second one. It should be obvious which is which... :D

post-4-1146848142_thumb.jpg

Hi Jay

Excellent build.

Question for you about the plane - all of the other versions of this plane had the intake doors on top of the fuselage/wing for air intake when the FOD doors are closed. This kit doesn't have them. Were they not used on this version?

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Guys;

the intakes we actually deleted and replaced with smaller vents located slightly further back. for years the russians placed "dummy" vents on the M's to try to fool the west into thinking they were A's or B's.

I'll have to go back and have a look for more info as I am sure all of the answers to these questions are in the loft.

Here is the interior of the canopy painted the sort of Zinc Chromatish colour I have seen in some colour shots.

post-4-1147039776_thumb.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Next up is the burner cans ready to go. alot of Alclad and experimentation as this is the first attemot I have had at doing modern jet exhausts.

post-4-1147039858_thumb.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Here are the completed F.O.D. guards. I did not want to get too carried away with the weathering until they were fit into place on the plane.

post-4-1147039966_thumb.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

And here are the wheels. Same weathering approach as the F.O.D. guards. I do not want to put them on the undercarriage legs until after the legs are in place as I can envision myself totally destroying the entire undercarriage trying to fit them into place.

post-4-1147040103_thumb.jpg

Jay I dont get it!? It looks like you are making a model wheely bin.. right?

I mean you have wheels and bins. ...These canopy thingys.. they are the lids right?

Will you be adding 'bin men and a Lorry? Is that a diorama?

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Frankie;

Don't take mine as gospel, as I have only seen a couple of shots showing it in this colour. I wouldn't worry too much about changing it is I were you as I could have painted the protype version or something.

Cheers mate,

Jay