Me 262 Sturmvogel

alaninaustria

a little more.... B)

I actually don't know if it is a mistake not to do a wash... I decided this time to leave it as it is.... the pre shading came out to good effect... perhaps a tad to much... but still acceptable!

post-10-1185711487.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LSP_Jay L

This is the first time I have seen the wheels painted up and on a model and they look great. You have done a superb job with the kit Alan. I am glad you are very pleased with the wheels as well. The model looks fantastic. I see what you mean about the wash, and I think it may have benefitted from one, but overall I think the model looks superb.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Alan,

What an absolutly wonderful model! :wacko: The detail and paint work is quite exquisite, and beautifully applied - it just makes me realise how poor my model finishing has become over the past few years :unsure:.

The Mastercasters wheels looke superb as well (I think that both Jay and yourself should be very proud of them). I have very few Luftwaffe aircraft kits (only two), and even fewer reference material on them, however, it is always a delight to see such a nicely made and completed aircraft such as this, even if my appreciation of their history and detail is limited. Well done Alan, and thanks for sharing the build with us all - another fine model for the LSP gallery I think?

Cheers

Derek

Hi Alan,

Ditto Derek's comments. A beautiful model in every respect: detailing, painting, finishing; it really belongs in a museum. BTW, do try to use at least part of your U/S time to fine-tune that Taig of yours. The sky really would be the limit of what you could accomplish.

Jean

P.S. Great photo album!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input on everything! I had fun with this build, it is my first Trumpeter kit! When I build the two seater I will defintely get a wash in!!

As for the Taig, I will have another look at it to see what I can do, if we end up buying a new place - she will get her own permanent workbench space, that should make it easier to use! :)

Cheers and thanks again guys!

Alan B)

What a lovely model Alan. I love your work. You did that magnificent plane justice. I love the Me262 and can never get enough of it. I think that it looks good even by today's standards. Your work on this model is so high class I love it. Well done as usual.

Thanks for nice words guys, 'do appreciate it! I have to agree - although I am not a big jet fan something about the 262 does it for me! B)

Happy modelling and thanks again!

Cheers

Alan B)

Edited by alaninaustria