WNW Fokker DVII F / Relinked photos and updated ones!

karimb

:wow:  :wow:  :wow: Karim my friend, this is not only one very nice model, i also like that color scheme you did, really nice my friend. It makes me wanna start a Pfalz..... :hmmm:

Greetz

Danny

Go ahead Danny...you pushed me into starting the Albatros and i was hooked ever since! Go ahead do it you know you want to lol!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment my friend and i hope all is good at your end family and all !

A DVII of the highest order!

Well done, Karim. You deserve much praise from this build :piliot:

I think it's fair to say that we're all looking forward to seeing your next creation :popcorn:

Von B

Baron,

Thank you for your kind comments!

Again, it's a real pleasure to have you with us on LSP!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Jaw dropping work...

How did you paint that exhaust, very realistic.

I think this is the finest WNW Fokker D.VII I have ever seen.

Roger

a quick headsup on how i do the exhausts...

I just want to first say it's the way i found works for me it is far from being the only way to do it.... so here goes.

I have been lately using this for all the exhausts and the rusting i need

FullSizeRender%203_zpsgzmmzt13.jpg

Now the way i do it is the following

1. Airbrush some off-black (i use tamiya nato black) over all the exhaust
  2. Airbrush some dark brick red very well thinned and leave some of the black showing through for shadowing (i use tamiya red brown)
  3. From the AK rust set, start with the darkest color covering some of the brick red areas (Thin the AK stuff very well with water to give you a sort of glaze like you use for painting figures's faces and get a smooth transition)
  4. Go from the darkest rust colors to the lightest in this case light rust (I've learnt from my armor modeling years that the driest rust is always the palest and yellowest so the lightest rust colors usually go where the hottest parts of the exhaust are at the exit of the cylinders and at choke points)
  5. Sponge on some dark rust chips in this case rust chips from the set, but i reckon any dark gray would work.
  6. Airbrush some very well thinned clear green and clear yellow in selected areas
  7. Airbrush the exhaust staining/soot at the end of the exhaust
  8. flat coat (i use AK ultra matt flat coat and it works a treat)
  9. Add pigments if you want to in order to add some texturing, but i find i do not need to in the majority of cases as the exhausts are not so lenghty

Well that's pretty much it, again i do not claim it is the best way to do it, just the way i do it. your mileage may vary!

Karim