Merit 1/24 Fokker Dr. 1

Sparzanza

• 5 months later...

Fighting onwards despite messing up more decals. Completely useless they are, but that's more or less done. Now I'm doing some rigging, and encountered an issue that I've tried to illustrate with the help of good ol' MS Paint.

Basically the top line that goes through the tailplanes is supposed to be completely straight, but that just isn't possible: I don't know whether I should try mending this by drilling a bigger hole or something, or just leave as is. Very strange though.

fok1_zps6ymzofkh.jpg

This tells me exactly nothing. :P I'm just following the lines on the box.

Well then, the instructions are clearly wrong. Here's what they should look like. As regards the elevator cabling, frequently one needs to elongate the slots in the horizontal stabilizer somewhat, especially on the bottoms. The top two cables are for the elevators, the bottom is for the rudder, regardless of what instructions may say.

SSP%201098%20Fokker%20Dr_zpsh7vobicl.jpg

I wanted an all red one, but I guess those serial (?) number decals on the sides wouldn't be correct for this, so I'll have to go with the horrid boxart scheme. I did consider the other scheme of Fritz Kempf as well, but alas... I really want a Richtofen bird.

The all red scheme probably would have had all of the stenciling painted over, yes.

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Glad the guys are able to help with some very useful information. I'm hoping you decide to go the route of masks for replacing the horrendous decals.

Just glad you're still working towards the finish line.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

The all red scheme probably would have had all of the stenciling painted over, yes.

Well, oops. :(

Sparz

Glad the guys are able to help with some very useful information. I'm hoping you decide to go the route of masks for replacing the horrendous decals.

Just glad you're still working towards the finish line.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter. I managed to salvage most of the decals on the sheet - as for the ones that broke, I managed to repair them (mostly) with pieces of other decals. It looks acceptable.