Rattle Can Clear Coat

holzemjo

Soooo, results: I have tried the Tamiya TS-13 clearcoat and I have to say that I really like it! It comes out of the can in a very smooth way, self levels pretty nicely, even in places where I accidently put a bit too much, dries really fast and gives a nice shine. There are some small spots on the underside where it somehow reacted with the paint, but I think that was a user error, as I really put on too much too fast.

One downside: I sprayed one coat on a 1:72 DC-3 and I feel I already used a substantial amount of paint, I wonder how long the can will last...

Pictures: One from the top that shows the nice and even shine

56cmCkP.jpg

And one from the bottom that shows where the clearcoat bit into the silver paint. Shouldn't be a huge problem to fix.

OF2rC33.jpg

Question: Do I post too much about this? Is anyone even interested in this? Are my pictures too large? Sorry, Rookie-insecurity...  :oops: 

Edited by holzemjo

Pics look good to me. The silver looks odd to me. How will you fix it ? Top pic looks very good.. Harv

Thanks! What do you mean by odd? :hmmm:  Thought about sanding it down very carefully, then retouching the silver, then respraying the clear? But I don't want to start a build thread in here...

Often, the camera shows flaws that we don't see with the naked eye. How does it look to you?

Apart from the areas I mentioned it does look quite good in person. Not super-mega-duper-nice and smooth but I'm reasonably happy with it, even if in hindsight it would have been better to choose the Revell 'silver' and not the 'aluminium'... Oh well :lol:

But I do agree that it looks quite grainy and 'pigmenty' in the picture, which might be due to the closeup...