"RRRRRRRevellstang!!"

xmh53wrench

Ok, I just cant NOT do this.....

I dont know if I can take credit for the term I came up with last night while making a post on another thread....but I like it....
(Im not usually that clever)
"Revellstang" (rev-el-stang) n. 1. A moderately inaccurate P-51B/C or P-51D 1/32 scale plastic model kit produced by Revell Inc. Usually the subject of a love or hate modeling experience. 2. Fictional P-51D Mustang Championship Air Racer with paint scheme loosely based on the Funny Car Drag Racer of the 1970's

The paint inspiration: (web find)
RevellutionDodge-vi_zpsd6d50633.jpg

The kit; (I have had this kit for a while, swiped the canopy, and used the wings as a paint test panel (knowing one day it would end up a racer) so there it sat).

IMAG1613.jpg

The IDEA: (hope I can pull it off)

IMAG1614.jpg

I hope to mod the canopy, streamline the belly scoop, clip the wings a bit and add wing tip fences.

:D

Edited by xmh53wrench

I love every single one of your posts! They put a smile on my face.

Sincerely,

Mark

THANKS Mark.....dude, thats a huge compliment. It actually made me go back and revisit some of my build threads....(what could possibly be that great?)....but what I did notice, was how sincere, friendly and complimentary everyone here has been to me. I am relatively certain I have not returned my fair share....guess I will have to work on that (I am pretty sure my ENTERTAINMENT value does not count..... :beer4: )

Cool.......Nice project!

I do love the colorful, and the ol 70s dragsters sure were..........will be watching with interest........

:popcorn:

Thanks Brian, pretty sure its going to test my airbrushing skills....

Very nice...you are very prolific aren't you? :speak_cool:

Derek

Well I had to look that up.....considering I my first marriage started when I was 16, :oops: I guess its appropriate

....but then, maybe thats not what you meant :hmmm:

Well I have nothing accomplished (on any of them), nothing to report, and have only quickly checked in as of late.

So I apologize for not thanking you guys sooner for the cudos.....

O.T.

but we did get to see Huey Lewis and.....wait for it.....JOE COCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must see!!! especially Joe Cocker.....hes still got it!

• 2 weeks later...

Louie,

I am SO looking forward to this.

Brilliant project and I know you can do this.

I love the colorful designs.

Way to go....

How are you doing ...getting withdrawls.......hehehe...

So how is it going?

Thanks so much MARU5137!!!! I am stoked you like the design, I cant wait to get to the point of painting the airframe. And yes I am getting withdrawls. I am now thrashing on that pick up truck, but am very much needing a Mustang fix!!!! :blink:

• 4 months later...