Need alittle info on Milliput putty...

Hi Larry,

I'm not sure that Milliputt would be that useful for making moulds...repairing one, yes, but making one, no. You would be better off using a two part tin of moulding resin that is pourable, or an RTV type flexible rubber material, although this would require external support. For general Milliput use, see my posts under Brian Cauchi's Me-109 build thread in the 'In the works' forum, you'll get the general idea.

HTH

Derek

Dereks right milliput from what ive seen as used it's use is mainly for sculping of figure's and such ive used it for Zimm on my tiger it can be used for making flag's and tarps. Ive never seen anyone use it to make a mould though it hardens pretty quick to.

Hi Larry,

Milliput is a thick putty with the consistency of modelling clay. It is a two-part mixable putty similar to body repair compound (but without the smell). All you need to know is here http://www.milliput.co.uk/home.htm It dries completely in 24 hours. It can be sanded, scribed, turned (see the spinner of my Ki61), polished to a glass-like shine etc.

You can definitely use it to make the master for the wing but not the mould.

HTH

Radu