Big Jug(s)....

Awesome work there mate. I couldn't be bothered adding anything extra to my wheel bays but I wish I had now. My build is on hold at the mo while I wait for the decals to arrive but other than that it's almost done. Come on mate, you're playing catch up! B)

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Alan;

I thought you might like to have a look at this.

It is the master about halfway complete. I still have to tidy it up a bit, and add some detail, but essentially it is complete. I have to tidy up the hub area. Should be ready to order in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Jay

post-622-1180474144.jpg

Alan, are you employed by Hasegawa to make people like me want to buy the kit?! 'Cos you are doing a bloody good job of selling the thing to me! B) That is wonderful work, and the extra detailing you've put in those wells is just sweet. Great stuff, and keep the pics coming.

Cheers

Ango

hi alan!

i really like the wheelwell. the hoses with the nuts look outstanding. these brassthings are great, arent they?

you will have noticed that you can put 0.4mm wire right through the nuts. if i need to use 0.5mm i just enlarge the hole with a 0.5mm miller from proxxon with a round head. the big nuts can be enlarged up to 0.8mm diameter.

your wheelwell stands out, alan. i really like what you did to it. the rivets look very good too.

cant wait to see more.

and get hands on jays wheels. they look very good so far.

and jay... maybe you could show us how you do these tires. would be very interesting. especially the diamand profile.

cheers klaus

Sorry to hijack this thread but Jay, you are doing some fantastic work with those wheels. Man d they look great!! I think they are the ultimate wheels. Truly fantastic. Did you ever think of the possibility of making the wheels with a removable hub? I'm sure it is very possible. The wheels I got from Jerry for the corsair were like that and they are so simple to paint and get right. Maybe it doesn;t take much but the difference when painting is tremendous.

WOW!

Great work Alan, love the rivets.

Funny how the Jugs seem reminiscent of armour and ship models. Jays wheel looks like it came off a truck! They are certainly a far cry from the slender German designs and the fabric/timber planes that the British produced.

Did you manage to get the ends back on the cover I sent you?

Guest LSP_Jay L

Sorry to hijack this thread but Jay, you are doing some fantastic work with those wheels. Man d they look great!! I think they are the ultimate wheels. Truly fantastic. Did you ever think of the possibility of making the wheels with a removable hub? I'm sure it is very possible. The wheels I got from Jerry for the corsair were like that and they are so simple to paint and get right. Maybe it doesn;t take much but the difference when painting is tremendous.

Thanks Brian! I was contemplating having seperate hubs, as this would allow me to do bth the solid and the spoked hubs. I'll have to give it some serious consideration though, as the seperate moulds will bring up the costs of casting. I did mention it to Brian the other day and he reckons it is a good idea for a number of reasons. I'll have to contemplate the pro's and cons for a few days though.

I have re-mastered the wheels over the last couple of days as the shape was brought up by Brian, as well as one of the guys here. I was working from one picture and chose to do a certain type, but that is not the most common type so the one above will not be the production wheel. I'll post up the new one in the next day or so once the putty and stuff dries.

Keep up the good work Alan, you know I love it!!

Cheers guys,

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

another... LOTS of work went into this so far... and I am really finding alot of confusing ref's out there.... if anybody sees anythin out of place for a -47D-25... other than the flat floor(a corrugated one is almost finished)... let me know :lol:

The seat is as close as I can get given the ref's I have.... the centre part is not yet glued into place... and the seat is temp'ed with tape..

post-10-1183494946.jpg