F/A-18E "Dambusters" Super Hornet

LSP_K2

OK, fellas, I'd been playing around with this a bit here and there, but now it's time to rock. Using the quite decent (in my opinion), Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet kit, I'll be doing the VFA-195 CAG machine from the USS George Washington.

The Revell box art.

Box_zps9e567566.jpg

Thanks, Guy. To my eye, the Dambusters markings are some of the prettiest CAG markings I've ever seen. I'll be painting the pit this afternoon, and hopefully getting it installed as well.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nice start on the Hornet and some good looking markings. Will be following along with great interest.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Nice start Kevin.

I recived yesterday Hobby Boss F/A-18A in 1:48 and must say i like whats in box. Not too much parts and look very nice, soo i will keep my eye on your build for sure...

Btw who manufectured that resin seat ?

Edited by Lud13

Btw who manufectured that resin seat ?

Quickboost, but as it turns out, it's not for the Super Hornet, so I'm just doctoring up the kit seat instead. The seat that comes with the Aires set looks more or less correct, but has no belts, opting instead for adding a myriad of included tiny stainless steel or plated brass (I'm really not sure which), P.E. parts, which I'm simply not up to dealing with.