Mirage Decals

LSP_Matt

Hi guys,

Seeing as there are a few Mirage builders in the works group thread I thought I'd post some decals I got through another LSP'er Tim Carrol. He happens to work here Snowy Mountain Models so it was a pleasure to pop in, say hi and grab some great stuff for some builds.

RRP on this sheet was $15Au...I think there was more than one sheet :lol:

Hope they are of interest. I love the 'tense of the first sentence'. No they are not brand new decals :)

post-901-1167652684.jpg

Theres one of these planes at the Morabbin Air Museum as well. Remember the awesome engine detail set you can get for these planes that has been reviewed. ( Doh..can't find it... done by a Swiss modeller I think...the a member of the ????-ring)

post-901-1167653784.jpg

Last one...Oh..I have an article from the RAAF association that discusses a Mirage that suffered an engine failure on takeoff, crashed, pilot ejected. The pilot is a RAAFy headshed now and his plane has been restored and is on display up North. Interesting article. If you're after a scan send me an email.

Cheers lads Matty

post-901-1167653818.jpg

Cool Matty. That sheet looks fantastic. All we need now is a cockpit update set for the Revell kit to go with it.

And while we are at it, some stuff for the wheel wells would also be nice.

Actually, they are (or at least were) available! An outfit in Aussieland offered an O cockpit, as well as wheelwells. I have a couple. They are not Aires-class, details are a little soft, but they sure beat the kit items!!! If you are interested, I can check and see if I have an extra set.

Also, the outfit in Switzerland that did the incredible burners is supposed to be working on a cockpit.