Mustang IA radio/camera fitment

I know there is a very good build article going on about this aircraft, but I am curious as to whether anyone has photos or drawings of the types of cameras and or radios fitted to the RAF birds. I am building the Hobbycraft kit also but want to do the cannon armed variant. Also does anyone make decals for the RAF Mu;stangs other than the Montex masks?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve

Im sorry I didnt reply to your question earlier, Ive been layed up for the last few weeks with bactrial infection, and then swine flu right after. Brutal stuff.

Here are some of the pics I have found on line for the radio/camera fit I am putting in my Mustang I build in "In the Works"

Most of these I found on... I believe it was the Imperial War Museum web site.

post-562-1256972882.jpg

post-562-1256972916.jpg

post-562-1256972933.jpg

And finally a few close-ups of the F24 camera itself. I really lucked out this past summer, as I found this example of an F.24 when we were on holidays in Ottawa at the new Canadian War Museum.

post-562-1256973756.jpg

Another shot, as well as an overall shot I found online of the complete F24 fit. I think the item to the left is a motor drive, and the box on the right is I believe the control unit that would be in the cockpit (Im not totally sure about that though).

By the way, the HF radio set was I believe the HF No 19 radio set. There is actually more to it then the pic I posted, but the right side of the photo is all I believe is visible in the rear of the aircraft

Well, thats all ... hope it helps Steve

Dave/Ironman1945

post-562-1256974038.jpg

post-562-1256974166.jpg