Cheyenne, Take 2

Lee White

Hi Lee, was wondering how you did the rotorhead, did you build it up from a template and fill in the separate details, what model/drawing(s) did you use and are the rotorblades from other 1/32 helos?

Sorry for the quest-attacks, but i was figuring this out myself, but got stuck with "upscaling" rotorhead drawings which didn't work out..... :D

How does the canopy casting go sofar, any progress??

Man, you're kit is coming together REALLY fine, his masters' touch... :unsure:

Have a good one,

Jack.

Hi Jack, The rotor head was scaled from drawings, mostly for the diameter, ans then I made 2 "Ninja throwing stars" (That's what they looked like-) and built up the detail from strip styrene and glued them together using .040" spacers. The blades were a bit of a problem- I couldn't find any blades that would work, so I carved a blade out of a paint stirring stick, and vac'ed 4 copies. I put a .040 sheet on the bottom, which I then trimmed, leaving a 4mm tab on the leading edge at the root. these fit into slots in the space between the 2 ninja stars, and they fit remarkably well. I carved the leading edge of the blade mount at a slightly different angle than the leading edge of the blade, and that induced a slight forward sweep to the blades, just like on the real deal. Here is a pic of the first set of "stars", which I did not use as they were slightly of center.

Your canopy, along with the other parts, is done- I just need to get my butt to the post office!!

post-81-1153626864.jpg

Well i'm sure if there's a train, it won't be running over ye, that Cheyenne is really looking sharp... :D

So on the subject of rotors, it would be a waste of time (and spare kits...) to try and use four Revell Apache blades?? what do ye say?

regards

Jack.

ps: PM inbound.

Well i'm sure if there's a train, it won't be running over ye, that Cheyenne is really looking sharp... B)

So on the subject of rotors, it would be a waste of time (and spare kits...) to try and use four Revell Apache blades?? what do ye say?

regards

Jack.

ps: PM inbound.

hi

jack,

I found the apache rotors to be both short in length and span! I'll try and photograph both for a comparison...

Lee

• 1 month later...

Update bump. Finally found time to work on model and finish cockpit. Jack- I've been thinking about your Q on Apache blades- I'm sending the ones that I have left, and I've come to the conclusion that if you splice them, you can get what you need.

post-81-1158771856.jpg

Hi Lee, still looking good, at least you went ahead and are about to finish this project, i still have to start it....... B)

But did you also remember your promise to sent me another canopy, since mine was bent?....i don't want to rush but i won't be able to "adjust" the old one, the crack is just too sharp, i'm sorry to say....

Anyhow, your progress is inspiring and makes me want to dig in the Cheyenne as well, hopefully as splendid as yours.!!!

regards,

jack.

Hi Lee, still looking good, at least you went ahead and are about to finish this project, i still have to start it....... :)

But did you also remember your promise to sent me another canopy, since mine was bent?....i don't want to rush but i won't be able to "adjust" the old one, the crack is just too sharp, i'm sorry to say....

Anyhow, your progress is inspiring and makes me want to dig in the Cheyenne as well, hopefully as splendid as yours.!!!

regards,

jack.

Hi Jack

Sent you a PM which I hope you get soon- I was watching TV the other day and the show was filmed in Maastricht, which is in your neck of the woods, if I am not mistaken. What a beautiful, ancient (2,000 years!) town you have there. I'm buying a lottery ticket, and if it wins, I'll be visiting soon! B)

Actualy i live over in widefield on dexter by the elementry school, then we lived up by the old lof n jug on fountaine bld on the hill on dove crek circle then moved to fountin an then here in Az my dad was stationed at peterson afb, I went to watson junior high and janitell cant remember the elemetry school it was ovwr by the 85/87 by the main gate of ft carson. next time ill pm you dont wana make nyone mad not talking about models.

• 4 months later...

Slight update bump- I'm almost done scribing, and then ready for paint- Woo-Hoo-!! Also, I have talked with someone who is manufacturing aftermarket accesories for LSP's, and he explained to me that he's lookinfg to do a large scale (1/32-1/35) Cheyenne in Resin. I told him to look here at mine, and if you'd like to see a resin '56, let him know here on this forum. I told him that I thought that it would be a winner-

Lee :)