VNAF Skyraider Coroguard?

So I am finally getting back to my Skyraider build.  My question is, did the VNAF Skraiders have the coroguard painted over or was it present on the leading edges?  I am doing a grey and white scheme if that matters.   I am using AOA decals for it but there is nothing in the sheet that mentions it.  Also know these were hand me downs from the USN but not sure if they were repainted before they were handed over.

Thanks for the help.

Richard

The first three gray AD belonged to the 1st Sqn (Phoenix) VNAF. They came from the original ex-U.S.Navy batch delivered to the VNAF and therefore wore the coroguard as per the Navy practice.

I’m not so sure about the other two and will have to check photographic evidence.

Here’s an authentic BUILD by excellent modeller Triet Cam which you can use as a reference for your project.

HTH

Cheers,

Quang

I just retrieved these 2 pics which I hope will be helpful.

Note the extent of the coroguard on the wing L.E.

IMG-2243.jpg

Here’s an undistorted view of the phoenix unit emblem. Note the red shadow underlining the yellow V.
IMG-2242.jpg

I used to have loads of VNAF Skyraiders on my hard drive. Unfortunately I put my computer on retirement years ago and cannot get access to them anymore.

Kind regards,

Quang