Resin Casting Products For Small Job

Juggernut

To those of us who do urethane resin casting (or other types of resin).  I find myself needing to cast a couple of small parts; two parts about half inch cubed each.(ballpark size).  I am seeking recommendations on the best type of mold rubber and resin to use to recreate these two items. Being a relatively first time caster, I’m curious if there’s a small kit that I could get to get the job done.  I looked for urethane casting kits but they’re either not what I’m looking for or way too expensive for just a couple of parts that will be easily cast through a one piece mold.  In decades long past I used an Alumilite starter set but those don’t exist any longer so any recommendations would be appreciated.

If you can find it use Blue Stuff re-usable rubber from the Green Stuff company. You can possibly find other sellers in your area. This is far cheaper than silicone rubber and infinitely re-usable. Resin may be kept for years if stored correctly. So purchasing a larger quantity (at least 1l.) may actually be financially effective. Finally, this is what I did after various tests with different types of rubbers and resin. To cast simple parts, this is actually the cheaper, quickest and easiest approach.