Trumpeter F-8E Crusader

TimW

Picked this up awhile ago....it's one of multiple projects I have going, so don't be surprised if it takes awhile.

I got the Aries cockpit, wheel well, wheels and engine set.   Not a lot of AM available for this one these days--could *really* have used some Eduard pre-printed PE or Quinta decals (they don't have any for the F-8)   Couldn't find any of the Eduard OOP stuff.

So it's old school.   So far, I've focused on the cockpit.   The Aries one is nice, but you have to paint everything yourself (apart from the instrument panel film).  I used decals from the spares box to do the various labels on the bang seat.   There's some good info on The Ejection Site that came in handy for painting The Chair.

More to come...eventually!

Tim W

AgkDkFE.jpg

yV2cUeB.jpg

hQkx7vj.jpg

Oh, and I would like to do a USN bird...but am thus far stuck with the kit decals as, again, AM seems to be pretty much non-existent or out of print (like the Zotz set).   The only one out there is a set for USMC birds, but that wasn't the direction I wanted to go.

Cheers,

Tim W.

6 hours ago, TimW said:

Oh, and I would like to do a USN bird...but am thus far stuck with the kit decals as, again, AM seems to be pretty much non-existent or out of print (like the Zotz set).   The only one out there is a set for USMC birds, but that wasn't the direction I wanted to go.

lovely, will watch with interest as I'm only a tad further ahead on mine and I wont get to the bench until next week now so hoping you jump ahead ! The kit seems good and no issues with fit so far. It's a long aircraft. Mine will be a French Navy all over grey scheme, I've borrowed a couple of Matra Magics from my 2000D kit and have added an aftermarket ejector seat.  

Thanks...cockpit took a bit of time, but now on to the other interior bits for the fuselage.  The panels will be closed, so I'm not spending much time on the gun bays and other stuff.  Wheel wells next.

Also tinkering with a Trumpeter A-J/AD-7.  Talk about modelling ADD!   I'm on a bit of a Cold War/Vietnam kick right now, though.

That means my P-47 project will probably be delayed... :D

Tim W.