Gee2 Desert Boy Racer

PietvWdV

Thank you everyone for the very kind words! I am currently waiting for future to dry so I can wash her.

The paint technique is not completely my invention, it is an adaptation of a technique I saw somewhere online, where the guy made dots... In any event, Coolie has asked me to write a little article on it for the tips section, with proper language and coherent instructions. IOW, completely different from this thread :lol:

I'll hopefully have some updates to post soon...I have to get cracking at the base too! (What a pun...you'll all understand later ;) )

Here is a look at the chipping . It is very bright now, but will be duller after washing, stains and of course matt coats. I've started on a little staining by the exhausts and guns.

I thought long and hard about how to approach the stencils on this plane. Or really, I searched long and hard for a way to justify putting lovely stencils on :lol:

Eventually I decided that a strict crew chief might have, especially after a stupid accident with one of his mechanics, ordered all stencils on his planes to be repainted, or cleaned up. It does not sound unreasonable to me, so I whacked them on. If this was a build for strict accuracy though, I might have left most of them off , faded, or over painted.

post-4-1144284724_thumb.jpg

In my best Richie Benaud voice.....super stuff that, Piet.

You've done such a lovely job on this, and I reckon we can see little improvements with each build you do. It's great to see, and very inspiring. Your photography is wonderful too, which is not surprising given the fact you've devoted an entire garage to your clever photo studio! :lol:

Another gem, well done Piet.

Cheers,

Ango.

Cheers Murph!

Did some washing with watercolours today. Got some cleaning up of bits to do, but I think the effect is there now. Painting over it again with future usually subdues the watercolours a bit too.

post-4-1144351751_thumb.jpg

Is that the Hobbydecal stencils? Nice job!

Christ I am sick of modelling in a cold garage. I wish I lived in a warm climate again! My bruv lives in Bermuda and he hates it!

Dave :D

Is that the Hobbydecal stencils? Nice job!

Christ I am sick of modelling in a cold garage. I wish I lived in a warm climate again! My bruv lives in Bermuda and he hates it!

You should probably start wearing clothes you tooth pulling barbarian :D

The stensils are a mix of the kit decals, home-mades and some from the old Hasegawa 109E kit.

I canna affard habbeedeecal Ca'pin! :blink:

Matt's the dentist you Afrikaaner throwback. I, on the other hand, save lives.....ahem.....

I have some spare 1/24 stencils but no 1/32. Havin' a 1/24 scale thang at the moment.

Got to get some modellin' done before Cath whelps again (June 16) AAAAARGHHH!

The stuka fuse is together. I am on call this weekend, but if no-one crashes/infarcts/torts anything/shoots/hangs/ or otherwise comes to mischief I wll be able to post some work. Got a tripod!

What happened to the Mig?

Cheers

Dave