1/32nd Korean War Spad, circa 1954 from Trumpeter

simmerit

This is the second Skyraider from Trumpeter I've knocked out - the first being a Navy 'Nam Spad from circa 1964.

HVAR Rockets are Eduard Brasin.  The prop is the new prop from Barracuda which I have to say is excellent - apart from getting stung by Customs on import duty....  Decals are from Cap as the Trumpeter ones are very poor quality.  Everything else is out of the box.  Paints are the new MRP line which are stunning.  Pilot is PJ Productions and the quality was pretty good.

Not a great deal of colour piccies around of the Korean War spads but enough black and white to get a feel for the extent of the emulsification.  Spads shed a lot of oil when flying, emptying most of the oil tank.

It's carrying 3 x 2000 lbs bombs withe the HVAR.  A heavy load but not uncommon.  Anyway - here it is.

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

My next effort is completing a 1/35th Wokka (Chinook).  I started it in 2015 and put it on the shelf as the sand filters were doing my head in as I couldn't get them right.  A huge amount of work went into the interior and it would be a shame not to complete it.  Its circa 2006 around the time of the Kajaki Dam incident where 3 Para very sadly lost a Tom and has a further seven Toms seriously injured.

Anyway.  Back to the Spad.  Hope you like it.  Its my favourite piston engined plane and a truly awesome ordnance platform.

That's another nice Spad , liking the bomb texture as well as the depth of weathering . As ever the photos on the piano are good too.:clap2:

Look forward to seeing the Chinook, and congratulations on the winning of your succesful election campaign, I'm sure the gentleman concerned was well chuffed with the result . 

Edited by Panzerwomble

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

That's another nice Spad , liking the bomb texture as well as the depth of weathering . As ever the photos on the piano are good too.:clap2:

Look forward to seeing the Chinook, and congratulations on the winning of your succesful election campaign, I'm sure the gentleman concerned was well chuffed with the result . 

Thank you.  Chinook is about 3 months work I reckon to nail the outside.  I plan to start next weekend as I could do with a short break before starting in ernest.

Here's the two of them together.

Spads

Spads

It was a hard fought campaign and a deserving result @Panzerwomble 

37 minutes ago, simmerit said:

Thank you.  Chinook is about 3 months work I reckon to nail the outside.  I plan to start next weekend as I could do with a short break before starting in ernest.

Here's the two of them together.

They look really good together , it's great that you've built the same aircraft twice and yet ended up with two very distinctly different models. 

Look forward to seeing the mythical Chinook sometime in April ......:thumbsup: 

35 minutes ago, Cicciuzzo said:

the exhaust fumes are very realistic. How did you make them? Congratulations on the excellent model:wub:

Base coat of light ghost grey then MRP exhaust stain over the top then finished with Citadel Nuln oil.  I left enough grey showing to give the emulsification effect. 

12 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

They look really good together , it's great that you've built the same aircraft twice and yet ended up with two very distinctly different models. 

Look forward to seeing the mythical Chinook sometime in April ......:thumbsup: 

Should be about then.  I'll post the finished article on here