What masking material do you guys use in your Silhouette cutter?

AlbertD

On 10/30/2020 at 9:15 PM, MustangManiac said:

I can settle for a 10 yard instead of a 50 yard roll as long as I don't have to buy it sheet by sheet.

I bought a 10 yard roll and threw it away. When I went to unroll it the film and backing separated from the paper so bad it was un-usable, but perhaps it was just a bad roll. Please let us know it works for you.

I buy by the sheet HERE and find it a lot easier to work with.

I had been using Oramask 810 and was pretty happy with it.  Recently bought a roll of Artool Ultra Mask from Coast Airbrush and find it to be if anything even a bit thinner and more flexible than the 810.  I've used it on my last couple models and will probably stick with it.  It was pretty expensive ($25 for a 6 foot roll 9" wide), but seeing as I have been using ~3" off that roll per project, that ends up being a dollar a model.

I just got some of the Tamiya yellow sheets in and will try those in some mode on my next project.

In my limited experience and from what I’ve read Oramask 810 works better than Kabuki masks for really fine details, but it does significantly shrink with warm/hot temperatures. I store mine at cool temps or cut it right before application.

Cheers,  Tom