Mrs. Bonnie P-51K

I am building this aircraft from the Revell kit. I will be using the Hamilton-Standard prop rather than C-E type.  I have the Life-Like decals ,that in their instructions, show this aircraft having the pad in place for a DF loop antenna with whip antenna, no loop in place, in this position posterior to the normal mast. Also the Tamiya P-51K kit instructions show this. Is there any proof for this fitment? 

They also have lighter colored fuselage star and bars on the decal sheet. I have looked at what color pictures I have access to, and I suspect they should be normal colored star an bars in this position. May be the position of the sun or the film that gives a distortion of color.  If anyone can confirm my quandary ,I would appreciate it.

Also, is the regular earlier canopy on the aircraft or the Dallas type?   

The pictures that I have looked at don't really show the rear fuselage deck area to confirm or not this area.

Hello,

I believe you should go with the light blue roundels on the stars on the fuselage sides and on the upper LH wing, possibly due to sun fading. For the  bottom RH wing, I’ll use dark blue. Also the plate with a whip antenna instead of the loop one.

If you do the Hamilton Standard prop instead of the Aeroproducts one, make sure to add the sixteenth kill marking. Col. Dunham shot down his last and only kill with the P-51 about four weeks before the replacement of the troublesome AP propeller.
The black stripes on the wings, had a little over spray past the masking tape used to mask them.

Pictures:

Note the light blue on the fuselage roundel and how dark the RH roundel is. The overspray on the wings black stripes.

bubhijy.jpg 

Note the overspray on the black stripes.

zEEFy0N.jpg
Note the faded blue on the upper wing and the canopy shape.

LNpaEzw.jpg

I hope I am of some use.

Paul