Monogram '29 Ford Roadster Pickup

LSP_K2

One more (actually two more, but the red needs touching up), is this straight from the can new/old Testors metalflake green enamel (no clear coat). Not really as dark as it appears in the photo, but still very nice, and shoots me straight back to the Monogram 1:8 Big Deuce full fendered roadster, as I painted that model this exact same color when I was a kid. I'd really like to have the kit again, but it's just stupid expensive now, so I imagine it won't happen, what a shame.

twRdtl.jpg

31 minutes ago, chrish said:

Very nice rich color there yup!

hey now that you mention it I’m pretty sure I have that 1/8 deuce out in a box in the garage....somewhere

Are you serious? Would you even consider parting with it?

12 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Are you serious? Would you even consider parting with it?

I certainly would 

give me a bit of time to see if I can find it and what shape it’s in, I’ll get back to you...

12 minutes ago, chrish said:

I certainly would 

give me a bit of time to see if I can find it and what shape it’s in, I’ll get back to you...

Excellent. It's a bit of a grail kit for me, one of several large scale kits I built as a kid (big deuce, big T, big rod, '55 & '57 chevies, and more), and now most of those kits are just crazy expensive. Quite a few years back I bought the 1:16 Revell '34 Ford coupe, but unfortunately have since sold it off. I've now added it back to my wants list, even though I never built that one at all.