1:24 Airfix Mosquito differences

LSP_K2

I have built a few now and its a really nice kit. The weak point on the undercarriage is where the small "loops" at the top on the leg join it to the model. They snap if you are not careful.

11 hours ago, gunpowder said:

I have built a few now and its a really nice kit. The weak point on the undercarriage is where the small "loops" at the top on the leg join it to the model. They snap if you are not careful.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that, assuming I actually get the model, which I really hope to do.

Any progress with the references list, Ron? Our own kit database listing (here), shows 41 titles specifically associated with the aircraft, quite a few of which I do not own. I'm curious as to whether any of those I don't have, are worth a purchase (or not).

Hey LSP_K2

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, been feeling a little under the weather. Well anyway here are the books that I have at the moment.

1)  British Aviation Colours of World War Two. The official camouflage, colours and markings of RAF aircraft, 1939-1945.

2)  Squadron Walkaround Mosquito #15.

3)  Squadron Mosquito in action part 2 #139

4)  Mosquito FB. VI Airframe, systems and RAF wartime usage by Dave Brown,  Sam publication's.

5)  The De Havilland Mosquito  A comprehensive guide for the modeller  by Richard A. Franks.

6)  Airframe & Miniature No. 10

The de Havilland Mosquito  Part 2: Fighter, Fighter-Bomber & Night-Fighter (including Sea Mosquito).

7)  De Havilland Mosquito  1940 onwards (all marks)  by Haynes  Owner's Workshop Manual.

Well that's all the books I have. I do have a lot of photos I have gleaned of the Internet, plus several builds bookmarked on my homepage       (I cant post pictures here)

Ron G 

Edited by RonGUSA

The first one is the one from the RAF museum and has color chips on the last page, great for matching or mixing your own colors. I have matched all of the colors I need to do PZ474 in Extra Dark Sea Grey and Sky and all of the roundels, code letters and serials with Vallejo Model Air paints. I have all the masks I need from Makater. I've never done paint masks, other then canopy ones, before. I have three bottles each of the EDSG AND Sky, just to make sure I don't run out in the middle of painting...lol

Ron G