Azur: Dewoitine D. 520.C

Bails

Hi folks. I'm new here, so please be a bit patient with this mostly 1/48th model person! I am getting more heavily into 1/32nd and liking it a lot, especially as new kits keep hitting the market. I received the Azur 520 last week and am wondering if anyone has built this kit or is in the process of building it. A "build article" would be of great help to me. Any input about what to look out for in the build will be appreciated. Thanks to you all for this very well-done site.

Bails-In-Minnesota

Hi Bails

I have also just heard that some resin accessories and a new vac-hoo have been produced in France....bxy a company called Fabflight. You may want to check that out as well.

Have fun - and welcome to the group

Sinuhe

Hi Bails,

Indeed, welcome to the large scale, you find as time rolls along that the scale is even more enjoyable!

Regarding the D.520, a virtually indenspesible book on the plane has come out; it is:

Les AILES de GLOIRE No. 8 - Dewoitine D.520 by Patrick Marchand and Junko Takamori, c2002, ISBN 2-914403-11-9.

It is in French with a little English pull-out, but it is just packed with photos, b&w and color, profiles, drawings, cutaways, etc. Got mine from Aeroplane Books (http://www.aeroplanebooks.com/) for $19 including shipping. Next to this book, all the others are a waste of time (more or less).

Good luck------

Welcome to LSP and the building of large airplanes, they are addicting and there hasn't been a better time to be in large-scale airplane building with all the new kits and aftermarket items coming out. Brad in Minnesota also.

I am unsure of how to use this section but in time I'll get on board with the rest of you. Thanks to all of you who took time to reply to my request for poop on the 520. I have copied two build articles which will be of great help. Thanks, too, for welcoming me to this place. I have been visiting now and then but will come back daily now to see what I can gleen. Again, thanks for caring.

Bails-In-Minnesota