Hornet vs. Super Hornet?

Bill Cross

i am interrestd how the acs vents on the spine of the revell kit look, one of the areas you need the quickboost resin on the trumpy kit

the ip coaming of the trumpy kit is a joke, mybe we will now get a decent resin pit that can be made to fit both?

will an F/G also have the spine problem?

1 minute ago, Starfighter said:

No only the spine is off on the Revell Super Bug, so is the canopy frame (due to the wrong spine), distance between the nozzles, the shape of the diamond shaped grilles, LEX/wing transition... shape wise, the spine of the E is very similar to the Legacy single seaters. 

the distance between the nozzles might be a dealbreaker though....

the diamond shaped bumps on the nose of the trumpy need a lot of sandpaper to not look like armourplates

The distance between the nozzles is the biggest problem indeed and I don't see how to correct this at the moment. 

On the Trumpeter kit, the gun exhaust grilles in front of the forward landing gear are a catastrophe. One of the most stupid examples of bad kit engineering I have ever seen. Eduards replacements don't really help either as there simply is not enough material to glue them in place... I puttied them on my Trumpeter kit and simulated the grilles with home made decals. 

I have not seen yet the Revell two-seater sprues, but the Trumpy kit has a wrong canopy profile at the end (since this "follows" the back line of the hump, which is too narrow). On the single-seater, however, the hump can still be worked and the canopy has not affected. I suggest you the Academy kit (with a pair of aftermarket resin intakes as the kit ones have no depth).
Edited by Luca